• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Setup: Shed with attached run

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
Hey everyone, just thought I'd make this thread as a few others have and its a good idea. Then I can just link this for anyone wanting ideas for their setups or something like that. :wave:

So heres the outside: Front view

Youtube026.jpg

And left and right view: The windows open in summer.

Youtube028.jpg

The side is all grotty as we moved the shed and that side was against the fence. Too cold to paint it, brrrrrr!

Youtube029.jpg

My shelf which I keep all their stuff on.

Youtube044.jpg

Run number #1 for Grace and Elliot. 6ftx4ftx4ft.

Youtube030.jpg

Bun eye view.

Youtube039.jpg

Run number #2 for Ted and Rosie. 7.5ftx3.5ftx3ft. Homemade so a bit ugly. It has chicken wire but its all enclosed by wood/fence/other run so no foxes can get in.

They both have temporary polycarbonate over my dad got from a skip to waterproof. Hes going to cut them to shape soon.

Youtube032.jpg

Buns eye view:

Youtube042.jpg

Door view and a nosy Grace escaping!

Youtube034.jpg

On top - feeding station wood then lino then a blanket on top. Hay in a willow basket, food dish and wooden chew carrot toy. Underneath is there £7 litter tray from Matalan and a cosy fleece area. And a few jingly cat toys in the corner :lol:

Youtube036.jpg

There asda cat tunnel, the works dog bed and my chair.

Youtube037.jpg

E&G: There side is 3.5ftx5ft indoor area with 6x4ftx2ft run area.

T&R: There side is 3.5ftx5ft indoor area with 7.5ftx3.5ftx3ft run area (there more active).

Youtube040.jpg

Litter trays (they need a bigger one) Some wood chews, some cat toys, there cat tunnel, water and food dish (yes its for a cat).

Youtube043.jpg

And their homemade divider to seperate them (Rosie and Grace dont get along). Along with their yellow pages book, mat and catflap.

Youtube041.jpg

Hope you liked their housing, enjoy! :wave:

Thanks Jess, I always find posts like this interesting - always great to see what other peoples set ups are like :wave:

I agree with the above posts; I'm always interested in other peoples ideas and creations. Love how they've got loads of room..I think I've over-complicated itfor my ones! Inotice yellow pages, I'd read somwhere else on here that they'd given their buns one...I have one ready but am worried about the yellow dye -is it alright for them? They tear newspaper up anyway!:D

I agree with the above posts; I'm always interested in other peoples ideas and creations. Love how they've got loads of room..I think I've over-complicated itfor my ones! Inotice yellow pages, I'd read somwhere else on here that they'd given their buns one...I have one ready but am worried about the yellow dye -is it alright for them? They tear newspaper up anyway!:D

Glad you guys like it :wave:

Erm I think its ok, I got the idea on here so I assumed it was ok for them. They havent ripped it up yet, still lots of treats in the middle!

And summerlaze, no the catflap gets shut at 10pm before I go to bed and opened at 7:30am before I go to school :)

Have given the buns the directory....not sure if it's a good thing 'cos I'm not expecting much left!!:lol::lol:

What a good idea about the shed splitting, this may solve a problem and help my bonding of a group of six with a group of four :wave:
What is it you're using on the roof of the runs? I'm trying to find waterproof lids for my runs that are easily lifted up (I'm not that strong) and that looks ideal.

What a good idea about the shed splitting, this may solve a problem and help my bonding of a group of six with a group of four :wave:
What is it you're using on the roof of the runs? I'm trying to find waterproof lids for my runs that are easily lifted up (I'm not that strong) and that looks ideal.

Thank you :) Its polycarbonate (?) I think. My dad done it, it is light and even better if you cut it into the shape like into the little squares of mesh of the run. If you know what I mean :lol: My dad still needs to cut it into shape thouugh, lazy!

Back