• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish seems to be causing a problem for Autumn

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
But I have absolutely no idea what.

She's not bullying him (from what I can see) yet she seems to make him anxious.

The only two things I can come up with is that

a, she's feeling rough (which we know) and he, being sensitive, also knows, and is reacting to that (similar to how Roger did with Tilly when she was ill).

and

b, Autumn doesn't understand rabbits and has had behavioural problems because of that. He knew rabbits up until three weeks old, and then never knew another rabbit until he was nearly a year and even then that was just being in a run next to them, but he didn't meet a rabbit until he was a good 15 months old. I don't know if something she is doing is upsetting him, even though its a benign action.

He still seems happy in the group, just warey of Wish (she comes near, he jumps away, but not all the time). He is also currently beating dermatitis, which I'm sure is connected, bu I'm unsure how.

I dislike jigsaw puzzles.

Any thoughts or anything at all would be appreciated because I'm very much shooting in the dark right now, although I'm hoping things will become clear in due course.

To be honest Sky, you are a million times more qualified than me. That being said, when I read your post it reminded me of something I read in 'Rabbiting On' - that perhaps because of Spring being on the way, is it possible that Wish is giving off a scent that might be unsettling him?

I don't know, and actually you're probably right when you say Autumn can sense that she isn't very well.

Sending vibes for both of them xx

To be honest Sky, you are a million times more qualified than me. That being said, when I read your post it reminded me of something I read in 'Rabbiting On' - that perhaps because of Spring being on the way, is it possible that Wish is giving off a scent that might be unsettling him?

I don't know, and actually you're probably right when you say Autumn can sense that she isn't very well.

Sending vibes for both of them xx

Its very possible, especially as she isn't (and won't be) spayed. I had vaguely passed that through as a thought but I'm not seeing any signs of hormonal behaviour (if we do we will reconsider the spay), but then I guess they can have the scent, but not the actions.

Is it definitely Wish making him nervous? Could it be something else (animal, smell, noise, etc)?.

When she goes near him he runs away, or jumps away, or legs it sometimes flicking his feet.

There's no new animals, or smells or anything. Everything is just the same in his world as far as I can tell from looking from his point of view as best I can.

Back