• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is it safe to take rabbit to vets while almost due to give birth?

lostsouls65

Warren Scout
I am not sure what the problem is with my poor rabbit, she 6 months old, past 4 days noticed she can not chew her greens or pellets.
. Is this because she is due to give birth? (30 days today pregnant)
. Is it safe to take her to the vets in fear of loosing her babies due to stress?
. Could it be dental problems?

Can someone please advise me? :(

Dental problems are a real possibility.
It is unlikely she will survive giving birth and raising a litter if she herself cant eat :cry: So one way or another it is essential she is seen by a Vet without delay. Could you request a home visit today ?

Thanks

I will ask around, there is a vet next to me but being sunday not sure if they would come and check her out, she needs to be eating especially now when she is almost due

Thanks for your advise:)

It is unlikely she will survive giving birth and raising a litter if she herself cant eat :cry: So one way or another it is essential she is seen by a Vet without delay. Could you request a home visit today ?

Just called Pets at home, vet department opens at 10.30 so will give them a call to see what can be done.

Thanks

Last edited:
I hope so, she just has the piece of corriander in her mouth and will not let go, hope she is not in labour. in her nesting box just holding this bit of coriander, such a worry when they cant tell you whats wrong, she was eating fine 4 days ago but of late not been eating that well, some people have said its down to her pregnancy
Thanks for your advise though

Ahhh, careful, you'll get your head bit off in a mo. :| Hope both her and babies are healthy. :)

she's not due for a few days. the crunch time will be imminently around birth, which she isn't, unless the person you got her from mated her up earlier than they told you. As i suggested a couple of days ago, best get her checked out ASAP if you are worried.

I am getting that done today, thanks for the advise,

she's not due for a few days. the crunch time will be imminently around birth, which she isn't, unless the person you got her from mated her up earlier than they told you. As i suggested a couple of days ago, best get her checked out ASAP if you are worried.

Ahhh, careful, you'll get your head bit off in a mo. :| Hope both her and babies are healthy. :)

Some of the companion care vets in P@H are extremely good :) where as others leave a lot to be desired. Like any vet practice they are as good as the vets that are in them.

Hopefully your local one will be knowledgeable and bunny will get all the help she needs :)

They were very helpful over the phone and booked an appoinment for first thing in the morning. Can not wait to take her and make sure she is ok, she is resting now and eating on some greens,

Some of the companion care vets in P@H are extremely good :) where as others leave a lot to be desired. Like any vet practice they are as good as the vets that are in them.

Hopefully your local one will be knowledgeable and bunny will get all the help she needs :)

Back