• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone use dried parsnip and beetroot from P@H?

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I think it's a Rosewood product, and I'm trying to research how good it is as Spenser seems to like it and I am thinking of buying some more. Can't find anything online - tried all the pet supplies websites I can think off. :? He's so fussy with veg, but does seem to like this so it would be great if it really is good for buns. Unfortunately I decanted the original bag into a tub and didn't keep the packet. :roll:

I think I've got a bag in my treat bag somewhere - Alfie and Bubbles didn't like it much though. :roll: :lol:

I can see if I can find it - what do you want to know?

Parnsip and beetroot are both safe for bunnies - parsnip is quite high in sugar though, so best not to feed too much of it.

I wanted to check if there was anything added and a recommendation of how much could be fed daily. At the moment I am mixing a small amount in with Spenser pellets - originally this was to make the pellets last him longer, but ow it is to interest him in the pellets. :(

I found the packet and there is nothing added at all - just dried parsnip and beetroot. :thumb:

My packet says it's from the Woodlands range (PaH own brand) so that might be why you couldn't find it elsewhere. :)

It doesn't specify an amount to feed - it just says it's not an over-indulgence to feed the treats as it's part of a balanced diet, but don't feed too many in case they over-indulge ..... or something very similar that contradicts itself. :? :lol:

I would say just a few of each a day, especially as it's dried (if you gave a huge handful it'd probably be the equivalent of 2 beetroots and a large parsnip). :lol:

Is there any improvement since last night then? :) Will go and check the other thread.

Mine love this. I just sprinkle a few into hay every couple of days along with other dried things fom the woodlands range. One of mine is an awful hay eater, this at least encourages her to stick her nose in a bit of hay, although she seems to be awfully good at foraging the nice bits out :lol:

Back