• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know when rabbits are bonded completely?

zayna1

Warren Scout
I know i've poseted quite a few threads about rabbit bonding lately, its just because I don't know any one who has rabbits, and I am a new bunny owner.:D
So bonding has been going on for over a week now, things have gone great. Today they spent all day together in the playpen, only a few minor scrabbles (1 or 2 when the little one had enough of being licked and ran off). They will sit cuddled together, and they are both licking each other now (however the older one seems to get a little carried away in grooming and it seems it kind of annoys the little one a bit, but she always goes back for more :lol: ) What is the next step? When do i know if they're ready to be put together?

Bonding changes and morphs all the time, even when they are together. For you it will only be successful once your girl has been spayed and has recovered.

When they do go together you're going to need to watch them 24/7 for minimum of 48 hours but ideally more to ensure they are both coping ok with it. So the time to put them together is when you can dedicate that amount of time to it.

see I do want to wait until she's speyed, however my parents want them both outside asap (they were meant to be outside buns but since the the older one has been neutered he has been inside, and when i got the new one she was obviously inside too. I don't want them being outside alone, and there is no way i can persuade my mum to let them stay inside. Do you think I should just put them both in to the shed but in their own hutches? :? Just a little worried about the little one getting lonely while im at school, the older bun had actually had his time spent alone increased slowly since we got him :oops::)

They won't be able to go outside until the weather warms up anyway as they won't have their winter coats, so plenty of time to get your girl neutered and bonded before they go out to the shed :)

Back