• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

water in scooter cage wat do u do?

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi im srry about this but im bit worried. scooter being the silly ****** he is has decided that hes going to knock over his water bowl and with him being recently neutered im scared that it will affect him some how. i know im probs being silly but i thought id just be cautious. he seemed really annoyed about this even though he decided he was going to lay in it. but its still wet and i dont have a replacement duvet cover and i cant put him back in his old cage. i dont know wat to do?

Is he a house rabbit? Don't worry too much, my Olly knocks his water over all the time :lol: If he lives in the house he'll be fine if you give him a couple of old towels to lie on until his duvet's dry!

If you can afford it try a large dog's bowl. Both my pairs have them and they never knock them over.

Just pop some towels down and as said get a heavier dog bowl.

Maybe a bottle for backup would be a good idea.

How's he doing after neuter?

thanks everyone for advice. :)

hes doing okay today. hes back to eating normally but there is a difference in how he acts now its only small but i dont know why this is even happening now hes started shredding things inside of eating them. which ive been wondering how to get him to do for a while.

its a bit out of character for him. :?

heavier dish as others have recommended should help stop him tipping his water, puppy pads are great, if you can't get any use towels :wave:

is he on cage rest? been out less recently, maybe he is shredding things through frustration and boredom, maybe give him toys or things he is allowed to chew and shred :wave:

heavier dish as others have recommended should help stop him tipping his water, puppy pads are great, if you can't get any use towels :wave:

is he on cage rest? been out less recently, maybe he is shredding things through frustration and boredom, maybe give him toys or things he is allowed to chew and shred :wave:

ive only just started putting his favourite toys in which is his bridge but i think he wants his carrier back in which i wont give him because i dont want to risk him ripping his stichs when he jumps on it. at the moment he seems quite peacefull lol hes actually not being loud or anything normally when im in here hes constantly having a go at bars. he seems alright other wise might be a bit lonely. i have been spending time with him more than i usually would as well. i cant get him out of the cage cause im scared of ripping his stichs or something. after his oppionment on wedsneday i will let him have everything he had before he was done. ive not been putting his hay in his litter tray either. im keeping my eye out for blood on the floor since i cant see his stichs

ive only just started putting his favourite toys in which is his bridge but i think he wants his carrier back in which i wont give him because i dont want to risk him ripping his stichs when he jumps on it. at the moment he seems quite peacefull lol hes actually not being loud or anything normally when im in here hes constantly having a go at bars. he seems alright other wise might be a bit lonely. i have been spending time with him more than i usually would as well. i cant get him out of the cage cause im scared of ripping his stichs or something. after his oppionment on wedsneday i will let him have everything he had before he was done. ive not been putting his hay in his litter tray either. im keeping my eye out for blood on the floor since i cant see his stichs

If you're worried about his stitches can you pick him up quickly whilst someone has a quick peek? I think I remember you saying hes not good with being picked up so you could maybe trance him? I know its stressful but its very useful for checking out his private area if youre worried, better than him struggling.

He's probably just in pain and so is feeling sorry for himself. My bun became quite destructive and grumpy for a few days after neuter but he also loved strokes and cuddles (at his level on the ground) even more. He probably just needs extra strokes to make him feel better :) maybe some extra treats as well.

If he wnats his carrier do you have one where the top comes off? You could just put the top part in and he can crawl under it to hide. Then he wont be jumping.

If you're worried about his stitches can you pick him up quickly whilst someone has a quick peek? I think I remember you saying hes not good with being picked up so you could maybe trance him? I know its stressful but its very useful for checking out his private area if youre worried, better than him struggling.

He's probably just in pain and so is feeling sorry for himself. My bun became quite destructive and grumpy for a few days after neuter but he also loved strokes and cuddles (at his level on the ground) even more. He probably just needs extra strokes to make him feel better :) maybe some extra treats as well.

If he wnats his carrier do you have one where the top comes off? You could just put the top part in and he can crawl under it to hide. Then he wont be jumping.

yea i do have a carrier that does that ill have to get on to that straight away. i dont know how to trance him at all and anything i try he would put up a struggle and probs rip his stichs in the process.

yea i do have a carrier that does that ill have to get on to that straight away. i dont know how to trance him at all and anything i try he would put up a struggle and probs rip his stichs in the process.

ahh best not to try it then!

Back