• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping Rabbits

Lots of people do bunny jumping, its great exercise for them :D :D There's quite a few jumpers on here, and I believe a few actually going to that event. I think its great, and planning on getting started with my own two. :wave: I'm waiting till the Summer though when its a bit warmer for spending hours in the garden practising!

My rabbit Jasper took part in the display today and he did amazing. RWAF were there and came to watch, they came to speak to me and said they didn't used to agree with it but after seeing Jasper jumping off harness and lead on his own free will, they have warmed to the idea and think it's great for rabbits who enjoy it. :)

I agree in some ways jumping can be cruel for example if the rabbits don't enjoy it but no one can force them as they are stubborn little creatures when they want to be. :)

Last edited:
My rabbit Jasper took part in the display today and he did amazing. RWAF were there and came to watch, they came to speak to me and said they didn't used to agree with it but after seeing Jasper jumping off harness and lead on his own free will, they have warmed to the idea and think it's great for rabbits who enjoy it. :)

Ooh any photos? I would love to see Jasper in action! :wave:

I remember you posting something about this before and I visited the site and saw Jasper. I don't have any problem with it if they are doing it out of their own free will, which Jasper does. He obviously enjoys it :)

I can see where people might think "oh have to rush out and get a bunny" but then theres always that argument whenever someone sees a rabbit.

I don't see the harm in doing it, although doing it in crowded and loud places like show grounds can be a bit stressful for them I suppose

Harmless fun exercise in the back garden though:D

I don't see the harm in doing it, although doing it in crowded and loud places like show grounds can be a bit stressful for them I suppose

Depends on the rabbit, some rabbits are used to the noise from early in lives like my Jasper being in a pet shop :cry: He wasn't bothered by the crowd and got head rubs off lots of people :love: He was jumping off harness and lead for the crowd so they could see that he enjoyed it, I was just following him round. :love: Like I said, even RWAF thought it was great for the rabbits. :) People can't really judge unless they have seen it for their own eyes, just like how representatives from RWAF changed their minds about the sport. :D

ETA: Also helps people understand that bunnies need exercise, there was a huge type arena for the buns (the public couldn't go in) and the buns were happily running around freely. :)

Last edited:
Didn't think much of the size of the woman's hutches to be honest. Didn't think much of the rabbits being made to jump about 5 feet either. They're only little and an odd landing could mean a broken back. I have no problems with the smaller jumps like a similarly sized dog would would do in agility, but some of those fences are ridiculous.

Didn't think much of the size of the woman's hutches to be honest. Didn't think much of the rabbits being made to jump about 5 feet either. They're only little and an odd landing could mean a broken back. I have no problems with the smaller jumps like a similarly sized dog would would do in agility, but some of those fences are ridiculous.

yeah the jumps were only small at the show :)

just what I was thinking. I would like to do some to help stimulate little minds, but I wouldn't force any bun to do it.

Poor bunnies! :cry::cry:

you obviously don't know much about the bunnies who took part :roll: If you know me, you will know I love my pets more than anything and would never force them to do anything. :love: Jasper jumps because he enjoys it and does it on his own free will, it would be cruel to stop him doing something he loves.

I think its great. Looks like fun and exercise for them. Bunnies are stubborn, if they don't want to do it then they won't.

Back