• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use to cover concrete runs?

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
Do you use foam mats, stable mats or something else on the concrete runs, please add links to mats you have brought for your concrete runs, Thanks.

I don't put anything on them, the buns run around on the concrete quite happily (the run is attached to their hutch though so there are plenty of places they can get off the concrete). It wears their claws down wonderfully so they never really need clipping :)

Unless you have a bun prone to sore hocks, I don't think it's necessary to put anything down on top of it.

We don't put anything on ours either, I usually put a clump of hay in the middle for them to sit on... and munch.:lol:

same here - just a deep pile of straw over one side or all over if very cold (hay is in the inbuilt hutch areas)

In the summer my boys have just a couple of carpet squares for snoozing on, and the rest is bare to keep their claws trim.

In winter most of the floor is covered in carpet squares/old rugs (and now I need to get their nails trimmed as they haven't worn down so well!) but they like warm bums in the winter :lol:

Nothing on mine Winter and Summer (feel guilty now) - they lie quite happliy on it all year round. Can go inside if they want. Crazy bunnies!

Nothing for mine. I have a litter tray in the run full of hay and tunnels, chairs and toys but no floor covering.

ETA: Their aviary is attached to the shed so they arnt forced to sit on cold floor.

Last edited:
Mine don't have anything either, although they have hutches to sit on and in and dog beds full of hay for snuggling!

I used to have nothing (with litter trays in corners) but Billy has got sore hocks so now I have foam tiles with a blanket on top, and his feetsies are much better:love:

Back