• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue? Y/N

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Ok i am having a new hutch built for me as the one i had was a small double tier and not big enough for 2 adult bunnies
only suitable for 1 bunny.
so im thinking do i adopt another bunny and attempt to bond it with my 2 or would it not be allowed to go with them?
more info please all else fails the hutch can be given to another rescue :)

Depends how big your new hutch is? :) x

Agree with this, if you say the hutch is too small for a pair of rabbits, would it be fair to use it for a lonely single rabbit which ideally needs to live with other rabbits.

By adding an additinal rabbit to your pair in this new hutch would there be adequate space? A trio needs approximately 42 square feet of space, this is roughly a 6 x 2 foot hutch with an attatched 6 x 6 foot run. Using a space smaller than this would be unfair on your existing pair.

Perhaps you could modify the smaller hutch and make it an add on to your newly built one - a sort of extension. Then your two bunnies will have even more room. :D

Perhaps you could modify the smaller hutch and make it an add on to your newly built one - a sort of extension. Then your two bunnies will have even more room. :D

I was going to suggest this sort of thing, add the new hutch onto the original hutch and run setup, and then add a bunny too, I know people on here have bonded trios happily.

ive had a good look at the smaller hutch its in need of TLC,
and the big hutch being mades is 5x2 double floored and will be attached to a 5x5 run :)

so think itll be to small for 3 shame really i may look into fostering one day :D

Back