• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Fish and His Tank!

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
So heres the tank: Its 12 gallons, at 26 degrees and with a small filter. It looks bare but I'm going to get some more plants, some rock maybe some wood. A little something every pet shop trip, I go quite often so it will soon be full! :lol: Over time I think im going to add 5 black tetra things and 4 bronze cories.... if he survives im terrible at fish keeping!

youtube026.jpg

youtube029.jpg

youtube030.jpg

And fishie himself, hes a bright red and needs a name. (Hes a betta btw)

youtube034.jpg

youtube037.jpg

youtube040.jpg

Any names welcome :D I dont suppose someone can tell me why his fins are really dull at the end? At pets at home he was the only one swimming, the others were laying on the ground so i got him as he looked the healthiest. Also he wont eat the food as it keeps sinking, any ideas? :wave:

he is amazing :) :) I was thinking rosso or ross for short, because rosso in italian is red :) xxxxxxx

hahah red bull is cool :) haha. i like rocky i must admit. i always give my pets name a hidden meaning, like my hamster was called dermot because when we first had him he was timid and timid backwards is dimit and that sounded like dermot :) :lol: xxxx

:? might be fin rot?

Tetras aren't usually suitable for betta tanks (they're nippy). I dunno if you mean black skirts or black neons, but both are nippy. And bronze cories get to 3" so it doesn't look like that tank is large enough. Pygmy cories would be okay though.

:? might be fin rot?

Tetras aren't usually suitable for betta tanks (they're nippy). I dunno if you mean black skirts or black neons, but both are nippy. And bronze cories get to 3" so it doesn't look like that tank is large enough. Pygmy cories would be okay though.

Oh ok pygmies it is. What middle fish are suitable with bettas? Anything I do is blimmin wrong :roll::lol: And erm fin rot, is that bad?

Is'nt he one of those Japanese fighting fish? You have to be careful what other fish you get with him as they tend to get their fins and tails bitten.

Tank looks great :)

Shows what I know about fish, I thought it was a female siamese fighter :oops:

I'd say fin rot too from my limited knowlage. Lovely fish and plenty of space to stretch her/his fins :D

Is'nt he one of those Japanese fighting fish? You have to be careful what other fish you get with him as they tend to get their fins and tails bitten.

Hes a siamese fighting fish :) And yes I looked it up and tetras were said to be fine, maybe not. I think the cories will be ok as they stay on the bottom it will just be tricky finding a middle fish.

Me and my mum think that too!

Edit -

Hes a siamese fighting fish :) And yes I looked it up and tetras were said to be fine, maybe not. I think the cories will be ok as they stay on the bottom it will just be tricky finding a middle fish.

Thats the one! :oops: :lol: I knew it was a 'fighting fish' :lol:

Stupid pets at home, can't they sell healthy fish. As soon as Im certain its fin rot it says I should do a water change and then buy some treatment.

A group of Neons are very pretty.

Oh and you can also get some floating fish food sticks too if the other stuff goes to the bottom.

Will increase temperature and how much salt? Just normal salt?

Thanks for the link very helpful - white cloud mountain minnows it is :thumb:

I honestly don't know why white clouds are even on that list, they need cooler temperatures than bettas. warmer temp can potentially shorten their life span. Neon tetas are probably the best choice (though they hang out on the bottom level more than the middle) but in case the betta kills them or the neons nip the betta you'd need to have another tank to stick the betta in. Actually, with pretty much every fish you'd need to have an extra tank just in case because bettas are very temperamental. It depends on the betta, some kill tankmates and some don't.

Aquarium salt. I'm not sure how much. The package probably says, but I can find out how much on Ultimate Bettas for you (its listed somewhere).

Back