• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Salt just scared the LIFE out of me!

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Just been to the vet for their VHD jabs (anivac this time, so I'll let you know how they get on), and Salt was last.
He decided to take a flying leap off the table and snapped his claw off when he landed. SO scared! Fortunately he's fine.
I feel dreadful, as I was holding him on the table, but obviously didn't feel the change in his body in time.
All buns passed their health checks with flying colours though (although they are all a smidgen overweight due to increased pellets over winter :oops:)

Just been to the vet for their VHD jabs (anivac this time, so I'll let you know how they get on), and Salt was last.
He decided to take a flying leap off the table and snapped his claw off when he landed. SO scared! Fortunately he's fine.
I feel dreadful, as I was holding him on the table, but obviously didn't feel the change in his body in time.
All buns passed their health checks with flying colours though (although they are all a smidgen overweight due to increased pellets over winter :oops:)

What a fright it must have given you!! I hate those vet tables - i get soo scared holding them all that high up there!! I'm used to getting down on their level.

So glad they passed their checks - i have also increased pellets over the winter and am now gradually cutting them down. I think this is normal though - we all want them to have extra fat layers over the winter. :)

Salt's nearly 7 and has never done anything like that before, so it was very unexpected! And I'm so careful to look after my bunnies well :cry:
She did say that because the were all so well exercised and healthy that he would be ok.

That's the kind of thing Luna would do. She once did a backflip on the scales. She was very well behaved today, though, while Snoopy and Penny were big babies and tried to jump on my shoulder. :roll:

Glad to hear that Salt is ok. That must have been very scary.

What a scare! Glad he is ok though!

Toffee once jumped off the table and clear'd my mums shoulder too! and straight onto the floor! Lucky he wasnt hurt but we were all shocked.

Back