• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

continental giants

leanne2525

Warren Scout
hi does anyone with these rabbits know what age they are at full size? i got a conti cross dutch yesterday and id say his a large boy but wondered at 4 months is he full grown? he is in a 6x2x2 hutch but wasnt sure if he will need bigger?

hi does anyone with these rabbits know what age they are at full size? i got a conti cross dutch yesterday and id say his a large boy but wondered at 4 months is he full grown? he is in a 6x2x2 hutch but wasnt sure if he will need bigger?

IMO it is not large enough. I think Giant Breeds need a shed with aviary attached as a run :)

thanks i didnt think it was big enough for a conti, when i got it the person was telling me a 5ft or 6ft cage is fine as long as these a run, i only have mini rexes and thriantas and a mini lop so my hutches are to suit them :)
at the moment this bunny isnt massive like his mum (a conti) but bigger than my rabbits his dad was a dutch a very small one, and i wasnt sure how big he will get or if at 4 months his full grown :)

Hi some of mine have reached 8kg and at four months he has plenty of growing yet.Im not sure what age they are fully grow but your looking at a year plus

Last edited:
I think Conti's reach full size at about 18 months so theres plenty of growing time yet!!

As others have said a playhouse/shed with an aviary attached would make good accomodation.

thanks a lot, as i said i dont have experience of a larger breed so didnt no what sizes i needed so all advice helps :)

My contis wouldn't have turning room in a 6x2x2.

Lying down full stretch Hera is nearly 4ft long, and their poo pile would fill the back end of a hutch in no time:lol:

I'd definately recommend as big as possible. It's really important that whilst yours is young and still has lots of growing to do that he gets to exercise all his muscles all the time so he builds up a nice sturdy frame.

I would never keep a Giant in a Hutch, My Conti and his partner (French Lop) live in a shed (8ft x 6ft) and i worry about this being big enough:roll: You can get some really good deals on sheds now, some work out cheaper than hutches :D

as i said he is a cross and at moment seems to be taking after his dad and his no were near a giant size but was thinking for future so i know what to aim for getting him :)

Back