• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So I am attempting to Bond my Two Boys Soon.

Isis

Mama Doe
There is a couple of question I would like to ask?

When putting them together for the first time, do I separate them over night?

And how long to I keep them in a small neutral place for?

When putting them together for the first time, do I separate them over night?

No, try to ensure that when you do the bonding you have at least 72 hours free to totally supervise them day and night.

And how long to I keep them in a small neutral place for?
As long as they need but uusually a minimum of 72 hours and then slowly increasing the neutral space by tiny amounts. With 2 males I woudl suggest going very slowly with making any changes in their envioroment.

Personally when bonding I prefer to keep them in the neutral space until bonding is complete. If you separate them you will have to start the bonding process all over again everytime they meet. So long as there is no actual fights (chasing, fur pulling and mounting is all normal bonding behaviour)
Have a water spray bottle handy when you start and if they start acting aggressively just give them a quick squirt to distract them, being wet will also encourage mutual grooming. Even when they are bonded you will have to make sure that the enclosure you put them into is completely neutral, otherwise that could break the bond again and you will have to start over. Also try not to give them too much space too soon as this could also start a fight.

Back