• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nanook

leanne2525

Warren Scout
tonight i went to this house that was over run with rabbits they started with a mum a continental giant and a dad tiny dutch they let run together and had 3 litters and no one wanted babies so they giving them a way free, some of the babies have took mums size some are a bit bigger than there dad , we went round there tonight and i had to take one as he was a right weird looking boy in a good way :lol:
the whole garden was a rabbit warren and rabbits had free run of a large garden and was running every where i hadnt seen anything like it before (well maybe at a farm) they really looked after them and loved them but had no idea about breeding and got out of hand, this little boy has a big bite on his lip thats healing up as all the boys are fighting, we have called him nanook is not that big and 4 months old and very friendly, i managed to rehome my rescue buns so i had room for him

DSCF4696.jpg

DSCF4706.jpg

DSCF4689.jpg

He is beautiful:love:
where was it that these bunnies are left to breed unchecked?
Should the rspca be informed?
What was the other bunnies wefare like?
Goood on you for rescuing him.:)

He is beautiful:love:
where was it that these bunnies are left to breed unchecked?
Should the rspca be informed?
What was the other bunnies wefare like?
Goood on you for rescuing him.:)

i dont think she didnt love them, after seeing the set up they had the garden to run about in, and fed well but the owner didnt get whole breeding thing and i think once is a mistake with parents but 3 times is stupid but she said she neutered the dad now, but of course the boys can now mate with mum and sisters and she wants them gone but no one want them :( there must be over 20 running free plus parents and some caged rabbits

this sounds like a potential bunny disaster.
How did you become aware of Nanook? did she advertise him.
Many people" love" their pets but that is not much good to the animal if they are not being cared for properly.
What was your opinion of how they were being cared for?

Beautiful, beuatiful bun. Stunning eyes and colouring . What a lucky bun to be taken from this situation.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Nanook is totally stunning...:love:

...definitely a concern that there are so many unneutered rabbits running around - potential unwanted litter explosion!

none are injected but i looked at them and they looked fine no wet noses or eyes or sneezing they are living a semi wild life style burrowing and running free, nannook has a cut healing on his face that must of really hurt him when it was done as its a massive bite :roll:

this sounds like a potential bunny disaster.
How did you become aware of Nanook? did she advertise him.
Many people" love" their pets but that is not much good to the animal if they are not being cared for properly.
What was your opinion of how they were being cared for?

i thought in terms of space they had space had a massive garden to run and burrow in, the night time cages was tiny and they would never get in them but cages was in a fenced of area of garden so they still had a run all night, it wouldnt of took much for a fox to get in though :shock:
i saw the babies for sale nov/dec last year and looked at him and thought he looked beautiful but didnt have room for a conti, then few days ago advert was replaced but for free and said they had lots of rabbits to go and i wanted to see what these rabbits was living like , once i went and i see him with his cut face i knew i couldnt leave him, but i couldnt take any more :( the owner said she cant get rid of them and still has babies from junes litter and septebers and octobers and some are size of the mum (a conti) they seperated sisters by putting gate across garden, but a large male rabbit after a famale could jump it

Just wondering where you saw these bunnies for sale, was it in a newspaper or a web site?
This situation is worrying me.
I hope Nanook is settling in:)

Back