• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats worse?

Slight smell of gloss for a night or so (its a little tacky if you touch it but its pretty much dry and the windows have been open all day)
OR
Hot room by a radiator for a night or so?

:? :roll:

I dont have much choice on the matter, its one of the other no alternatives :(

Having put up with a strong smell of gloss for the last two weeks throughout the whole house I would say, if it is touch dry and the windows have been open all day then most of the VOC's will have evaporated by now and it should be fine. As long as you can keep a little ventilation (open door/window open a crack) :wave:

of the two I would probably go for the smell of gloss as long as it's really feint, but is turning the radiator off not an option? :?

I'm having a similar dilemma with my mice when I paint the living room this weekend!

Think I would go with the hot room as I almost knocked Dill out the other night with a scented candle.His breathing was quick,he was very still,he wouldn't take treats.Am sure it was to do with the strong smell as cant think of anything else as he was fine the next morning.

I think ill put them back into my room. The living room is hot enough as it is but with 2 teenage boys and their duvets its always like an oven...the smell of them in the morning is probably just as bad as the gloss anyway ;) Cant turn the rasoator off until we go to bed, the house is freezing.

The smell in there is a lot better than it was earler too, you cant really smell it anymore ive just been up to have a wiff.

Actually, theyre going on the landing, their cage just about fits, then at least they can come out and have a roam around. I have visions of their hair getting stuck to the paint work :lol: Marleys still moulting :shock: and now Dollys decided to join him.

Back