• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Georgie Pudding - vibes & thoughts please

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Little Georgie has not been eating since Friday night last week. I took him to the vets first thing on Saturday morning and they admitted him for the day. He has been in every day since and they are feeding him critical care which he seems to like. He is much perkier now, I really thought I would lose him on Sunday :cry: but he is still quite thin.

The vet thought he had a bladder infection or something as he really didn't like it being touched and did a big wee on her when she did touch it. He is Ok with it now so it seems, but he still doesn't want to eat too much. He eat half a small bowl of veg this morning, but that's all he will seem to touch. Occasionally he will eat a few food pellets.

I am giving him vetergesic, zantac and baytril twice a day.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am so tired with the constant late nights and twice daily vet trips. It's been a whole week now.

What are his poos like ?

Did the Vet suggest that Bladder Sludge/Stones were a possibility ?

Is he having fluids ?

Teeth and ears checked ?

I'm sorry I don't really have any suggestions, I'm guessing his teeth have been looked at?

Loads of vibes though, you must be so worried xx

What are his poos like ?

Did the Vet suggest that Bladder Sludge/Stones were a possibility ?

Is he having fluids ?

Teeth and ears checked ?

yes they have suggested this. What can be done about it if it is?

Lots of poos but only very small quite hard ones. He's having plenty of fluids :)

Ears and teeth checked. Why ears out of curiosity?

yes they have suggested this. What can be done about it if it is?
Lots of poos but only very small quite hard ones. He's having plenty of fluids :)

Ears and teeth checked. Why ears out of curiosity?

Artie has bladder sludge that led to bladder infections. As it was bad he had an operation to remove it but now has his bladder expressed every 6 weeks and has metacam daily as an anti-inflammatory. He has a good quality of life and is very happy (at 6.5 he was racing round the room like a good un last night).

When sludge was suspected it was confirmed by x-ray.

Sending loads of vibes for Georgie. Is he the one with a splay leg? I'm wondering if he can't empty his bladder properly because he can't get the angle he needs - it's thought Artie's problems are because he can't empty his bladder fully.

Last edited:
Artie has bladder sludge that led to bladder infections. As it was bad he had an operation to remove it but now has his bladder expressed every 6 weeks and has metacam daily as an anti-inflammatory. He has a good quality of life and is very happy (at 6.5 he was racing round the room like a good un last night).

When sludge was suspected it was confirmed by x-ray.

Sending loads of vibes for Georgie. Is he the one with a splay leg? I'm wondering if he can't empty his bladder properly because he can't get the angle he needs - it's thought Artie's problems are because he can't empty his bladder fully.

Well they are going to do an x-ray on Monday if he is no better. No Georgie is the half blind one. It's Blackberry with the splay leg.

Aww Artie :love: :love: :love:

Georgie suddenly started eating properly last night. He ate so much :lol: Probably catching up with what's he's missed out on. Either that or he's secretly hiding food all over the room! :lol:

He was due in the vets this morning, so I have cancelled it, and made an appointment for this evening just for a check up. I will keep my eye on him though over the next few weeks to see if he has any changes in behaviour again!

Back