• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescue burgled!!!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Saw this on one of the rabbit groups on Flickr:

"Le Coeur, were broken into and robbed yesterday.

www.lecoeurrabbitrescue.co.uk/le_coeur_rescue.htm

Luckily they did not harm any of the rabbits - however they have stolen all the food, hay, straw, bowls, bottles etc. All their spare supplies of accessories plus broken the security chains, gates etc. My friends run the rescue and they are devastated. And the police dont seem to be too interested as the items arent 'high value'.

Its a long shot, but please can people in the south of UK keep an eye out for any 'cheap' supplies of Supreme Science Selective pellets and rabbit accessories (like at car boot sales, etc). I dont think this will happen but its worth just keeping an eye out for.

I know everyone is strapped for cash right now - but if anyone can spare a penny or two then please consider Le Coeur. Luckily they are sponsored by Supreme so get sent a monthly allowance of free food - but it is going to take a lot of cash (that they dont have) to replace all the bits and bobs like bottles and snugglesafes etc.

Even a message left on their guest book would boost their spirits :eek:)
Thanks"
x

What is wrong with some people?!

How awful! Why is it necessary to break in and steal those things? I know these are tough times but jesus!

It is a shame that this has happened.

I had a look at the site, tbh i dont think much of their accommodation. :(

Jesus, what scumbags!!

I mean, I'm pleased the buns were okay but they've stolen the food from their mouths.. disgusting.

Who could have wanted to steal from a rescue? :?
I suppose all that stuff is now in the hands of someone who breeds for money.

That is awful, people these days :evil: :roll:

However, most of those hutches displayed on their website look far too small for rabbits :(

how anyone could steal from a rescue is horrible!! :censored:

however i do agree that it doesn't look like the best of rescues :? much of the advice is vague and lacks consistancy. cold weather advice is all perfect, but only mentions myxi not VHD. Never mentions health benefits of spaying. And says they occasionally have planned litters. which is really worrying

But still, stealing from a rescue, with animals to look after, just seems really really really horrible.

Honestly, I dont think that sounds like a burglery for the items, it sounds more like a hate or revenge crime to me. The items are mainly worthless but were targeted to hit the rescue where it hurts most.

Honestly, I dont think that sounds like a burglery for the items, it sounds more like a hate or revenge crime to me. The items are mainly worthless but were targeted to hit the rescue where it hurts most.

Yes, that was my first thought too.
Seems like a deliberate action to try & make them shut up shop.

I had a look at the site, tbh i dont think much of their accommodation. :(

They're a rescue. Obviously they're going to be tight for space and therefore the size of accommodation won't necessarily be ideal. On the up side, it does seem as though they get outside exercise and at least the hutches all seem clean and warm.

AMETHYST

They're a rescue. Obviously they're going to be tight for space and therefore the size of accommodation won't necessarily be ideal. On the up side, it does seem as though they get outside exercise and at least the hutches all seem clean and warm.

AMETHYST

Exactly, I have seen so much worse than this. It looks clean and tidy and the hutches look in good condition even if they are a little small :)

Back