• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scooter neatering today.

shadow05

Mama Doe
just dropped the poor ****** off at vets. vet was checking him over and said hes defiantly male and then said that hes well endowed then said its a shame hes loosing them lol i couldnt stop laughting lol. scooter was being very clingingy as well he actually wanted me to pick him up and didnt make a fuss at all. he was really scared.

the vets told me that it is quite risky and i said thats okay and tht i know about it. he said that they will probably will phone anywhere between 4 and 6. he said if u get phoned before then dont worry it might just mean that theyve found something that might need correcting and i said okay. i said bye to sccoter and then put him back in his carrier.

i miss him now and feel bad for him. hes gonna get so spoiled when he gets home. on way home i was trying not to cry cause i thought he must be really scared for him to want me to hold him.

just dropped the poor ****** off at vets. vet was checking him over and said hes defiantly male and then said that hes well endowed then said its a shame hes loosing them lol i couldnt stop laughting lol. scooter was being very clingingy as well he actually wanted me to pick him up and didnt make a fuss at all. he was really scared.

the vets told me that it is quite risky and i said thats okay and tht i know about it. he said that they will probably will phone anywhere between 4 and 6. he said if u get phoned before then dont worry it might just mean that theyve found something that might need correcting and i said okay. i said bye to sccoter and then put him back in his carrier.

i miss him now and feel bad for him. hes gonna get so spoiled when he gets home. on way home i was trying not to cry cause i thought he must be really scared for him to want me to hold him.

aw poor thing! I didn't realize it was considered risky :? I'm sure he'll be fine though, he seems in good health from your descriptions!

I don't think I've ever seen a pic of Scooter before, he's gorgeous :love: I love harlequins!

I know it's horrible leaving them at the vets, and George and Fifi both try and clamber up into my arms whenever they're there :( it's for the best though, it's a positive thing that you're doing for him :wave:

Sending loads of vibes, let us know how the little one gets on xxx

Sending lots of vibes for Scooter today - I hope his Op goes smoothly. It shouldn't be risky for a boy at all so I have everything crossed he will be home and feeling back to his old self in no time at all.

Please let us know how he gets on. Will be thinking of you both today x

Sending lots of vibes for Scooter today - I hope his Op goes smoothly. It shouldn't be risky for a boy at all so I have everything crossed he will be home and feeling back to his old self in no time at all.

Please let us know how he gets on. Will be thinking of you both today x

lol im hoping that he will still be a bit nice when he gets home lol. ive decided when he gets home im going get him settled and sit in cage with him and give him some tlc. i will let u know as soon as hes back.

the vet did say its not as risky for a boy as it is for a girl and that everything should go okay. i told him im expecting him to rip his stitch's out. so i might be seeing him again in a day or two lol.

lol im hoping that he will still be a bit nice when he gets home lol. ive decided when he gets home im going get him settled and sit in cage with him and give him some tlc. i will let u know as soon as hes back.

the vet did say its not as risky for a boy as it is for a girl and that everything should go okay. i told him im expecting him to rip his stitch's out. so i might be seeing him again in a day or two lol.

They normally rip their stitches out when they are either painful or itchy (healing). Giving oral pain relief at home for a few days after the operation can prevent this happening so do ask the vet to take some metacam home with you :wave:

Vibes for Scooter.:wave: I might be getting Spenser done fairly soon, and have been told it is a relatively low-risk op as long as your bunny is healthy.

Crunchie is in for his op today too. This is the 11th time I've gone through this and I still worry every time.

Hope Scooters op goes well.

Hi there,

It should go fairly smoothly for a boy...but good vibes for him (and you). My bun was done recently too...it is a worrying time.

You might have to encourage him to eat for a day after the op and he'll be a sleepy thing, and watch out for random things like eyes being red/watery/half open - just need bathing with cooled boiled water. The vet nurse didn't warn me of that and I was worried he had an eye infection, but it's just from having the anaesthetic and not blinking so much so the eye dries out and gets sore. A quick bathe sorts it out.

Debs

Hi there,

It should go fairly smoothly for a boy...but good vibes for him (and you). My bun was done recently too...it is a worrying time.

You might have to encourage him to eat for a day after the op and he'll be a sleepy thing, and watch out for random things like eyes being red/watery/half open - just need bathing with cooled boiled water. The vet nurse didn't warn me of that and I was worried he had an eye infection, but it's just from having the anaesthetic and not blinking so much so the eye dries out and gets sore. A quick bathe sorts it out.

Debs

okay thank u ill keep a look out for that thanks.:)

just thought id let every one know scooter is going to be ready to pick up at 3. will see wat he is like when i get there receptionist didnt tell me much. but obviously hes okay. cant wiat to see him feel srry for him now.

It seems its neuter day :D My Barney has just got back from having his, hes very quite and wont come out the carrier yet but we have only been back 10 mins, I'm sure he'll be fine though.

right well scooter back home came out of carrier straight away. took everything that he can climb on away he keeps falling off his bridge i had to catch him. its taking a while to eat stuff but is showing interest ive given him some parsely but didnt want it straight away he had a little nibble and walked off. i gave him some fruit biscuit treats he seems to be eating them a bit.

might go to co op in a bit and get some other veg and some fruit. has anybody got any ideas wat might be worth giving him something bunny's cant resist. also can rabbit have bannas lol.

he keeps licking himself as well i cant tell if hes biting or just licking. i cant even get a look at the area all i can tell is something is missing lol

sorry i missed this thread shadow, sending scooter lots of recovery vibes, i'm sure he'll be fine, my two looked really sorry for themselves when they were done, but within 24 hours they were near enough back to normal. :D

Back