• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Are Taking In .. UPDATE POST 31

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
2 adult mummys and their babies on saturday ... someone moved out and left them behind .. :(
a group of neighbours have discovered them and they are safe for now and will be coming to us on saturday ..
dont know how long they have been without bedding , food and water as the family moved out several weeks ago .. they had eaten absolutly everything in their hutches and when food was put in they were so hungrey the babies were fighting to get to it . :( :( :(

Havent got a clue where they are going .. my head is in a spin trying to jugglebunnies ...but we will find somewhere .. me and Tracey just cant wait to give the poor little mites cuddles .. :(..i wish they were coming tomorrow . :?:(

Last edited:
Thank goodness they were found in time! :shock: Bless you for taking them on ... even if you don't quite know where you are going to put them yet. Do you know how old the babies are?

cant stop thinking about them now :cry: it was better thinking theyd been left in garden with the grass to eat :cry:

Awww, poor things. Some people. :censored: But at least they were found and couldn't be going to a better place. :)

Several weeks?! :censored: Poor things.

Exactly ... and here is me worried because I won't be at home next Tuesday to give Spenser his tea at his usual time. :oops: It's not long until Saturday, and those poor buns will find they have landed on their paws at last.

Oh god it's awful - why oh why do people have to be so cruel, I always wonder when you read about stassis etc how these little things that are sat in their own filth with no food do it, Jingle ate a whole bowl of food in one go when I brought him in his hutch up to my garden after his owner was admitted to hospital, I refilled it and he kept eating while I cleaned out his hutch, I have no idea how long it had been without food for him but, it must have been a while as I've never seen a rabbit eat so much. It's so rewarding being able to give them the proper care, when he hopped back in his hutch he was like 'woah - couldn't believe his luck'! At least the neighbours have been decent and cared for them or most likely they'd be dead poor little babies and mum must have been stressed to hell :(

Oh crikey, at least they have been rescued, well done, they will be with you soon and then you can give them proper care

Poor things. That is so sad. To have no empathy with a fellow living creature is something beyond me.

Very glad they are now safe and are coming into your care

Oh gosh, poor things. :( I bet Saturday can't come quick enough, give them all a cuddle from me too. xx

Some people are absolute scum bags. Why on earth would you abandon animals like that ? What goes through their minds? It frightens me that people like this also have children? Are they also neglected?

Thank you so much for helping the bunnies. :D

Oh no poor things. Thank goodness the neighbours found them, and phoned you. At least they will be safe now xxx

Its awful and very sad. These stories always make me mad at humans in general then (for whatever reason) this post just made me think thank god the neighbours were thoughful enough to check on them. Thank god there are some decent people out there the ones that discover these bunnies and don't just turn a blind eye or forget about them.

Obviously it goes without saying thank god for the rescues as well.

Thats awful :( How can people be so cruel and well, lazy, because thats what it is, it's not like animal shelters and rescues aren't well publicised these days is it - why can't they just pick up the phone and arrange for the animals to go somewhere safe instead of just abandoning them? I don't know how the people who do such things can sleep at night.

Its great you are taking them on, they are lucky buns being found and going somewhere where they are at last going to get the love and attention they deserve, poor little things.

Poor bunnies. :( How can anyone do that? Thank goodness the neighbours spotted them. I once took on two bunnies who had been left alone with no food for two weeks. Their will to survive in such conditions is truely amazing. They'll be safe with you soon. Give them all a nose rub from me xx

Back