• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheeky Snowball and Mitzi.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I just went in to feed and water the 2 new bunnies to find them sitting at the far side of the run nibbling. They had managed to pull a couple of the brown paper bags the hay from' Secret santa' had come in. They were busily trying to chew their way through the paper, through the bars to get to goodies inside. After I told them off :lol: I had a good laugh.

Clever buns! Is that the sample bags from Animal Magic? Spenser gets them because he keeps changing his mind about what hay he likes. :roll:

Clever buns! Is that the sample bags from Animal Magic? Spenser gets them because he keeps changing his mind about what hay he likes. :roll:

Yes, we got a huge selection from our 2 secret santas, but so far they have loved everything.:lol:

Spenser wouldn't have anything to do with the Welsh Meadow Hay. His favourites at the moment are orchard grass and green oat hay. The delivery he had this week also included something called 'fresh grass hay,' which he showed some interest in. I am still at the stage of getting excited if I see him eating hay when there are still pellets in his dish as he is a very fussy nommer.

Spenser wouldn't have anything to do with the Welsh Meadow Hay. His favourites at the moment are orchard grass and green oat hay. The delivery he had this week also included something called 'fresh grass hay,' which he showed some interest in. I am still at the stage of getting excited if I see him eating hay when there are still pellets in his dish as he is a very fussy nommer.

I'm lucky, all my buns are very good hay eaters, I was worried about Mitzi and Snowball but they love it too.
I love it when a bit of hay slowly disappears into a little nibbling mouth.:D

Thank you, that's us back home now.
Vet was very pleased with the condition they are in, checked front teeth, chest, heart, bottom etc.
He found a flea on Snowball, a very tiny one so he will order avantage for me to give to both. They are booked in for next friday to be sedated to have their bums clipped, the vet did try conscious but Snowball got very stressed so we decided we would do both under sedation. At the same time i'll get their molars checked, Mitzi will also be scanned and if there is any signs of cancer she will then be x-rayed to make sure it hasn't spread before we make any descisions. The lump on Mitzi, the vet doesn't think is anything to worry about, but it too can be rechecked under sedation.

I can't stop itching now, after finding the flea. We couldn't see any others, but you just don't know!

Back