• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Average Yearly Cost Of Your Rabbits?

I have just worked out mine its about £2000 excluding emergency vets bills

How much do your rabbits cost you yearly on average?:wave:

I havent had sebastian a year yet but if I work it out

for jabs,food,hay its around £185 then theres neutering,hutch,run,adoption fees,toys,treat hay,treats,emergency vet bills :shock:

Vets (including vaccinations) - £550
Frogpool (hay, megazorb, pellets) - £160

And then herbs each week, that's around £2 a day but less in Summer so roughly £1 a day - £350 odd :shock: Wow, I didn't realise how much I (ok Mum cos she gets the shopping :oops:) spend in herbs.

So about a grand for four for a year :shock:

Vaccinations alone for our own rabbits only work out at about £1680 per year (less a little bit of staff discount)

Hate to think how much on top for everything else and all of the rescues needing vaccinations and neutering too.

No jabs (I live in US), got their C&C grids for free (though that was 2009 I think?), I don't buy many toys, they're mostly homemade or stuff I get for free/cheap. They especially like baby human toys that I can get cheap/free. Izzy's vet trip was $40-$50. And I had all 4 neutered for $220. So it's mainly the cost of food. $4 a week for hay (soon to be $5 a month when I get bales) a bag of $8 pellets lasts a couple months. Veg-not sure. But I want to start growing a bunch of herbs and veg soon, so then cost of fresh food will be free too. :)

Ehhhh....vaccs are about £60 all told, pellets negligible maybe £30/year, everything else is free except vet costs which are unpredictable. Oh and I buy them a new hay tunnel every christmas :lol:

I feel like a skinflint now :lol:

mine is around £320 a year for 3 rabbits. That's just hay/food and vaccinations though, we spend a bit more on toys and treats and maintenance of housing. Probably still not a huge amount.

Hmm, not including any unexpected vet visits, and pulling a very much guesstimated figure out of the air, I'd say about £800 a year for the pair of them. That's ordering 50lb of Timothy Hay about 4 times a year, megazorb sacks, weave-a-balls, 4 x myxi vacs 2x VHD vacs and pellets and random farm hay.

Now, if we were to factor in the amount of carpet cleaner, furniture repair bills, white vinegar and (when we move out) replacing a slightly chewed but very expensive carpet...:roll::lol:

£50 a month for foods, hays cages stuffs and treats.

£80-90 for full works: trims, check ups, vacs etc when I take them both

£100+ for any ops each Yukis neutering with pain killers and dental work came to £110

so £600 a year in everyday living

at least two lots of £80-90

+ anything unexpected

I am having Yuri neutered next month so thats another £110-130

Without vaccination or any vets bills (Excluding Harley) the bill for the other 8 comes to about £150

Harley costs about £150 every 12 weeks :roll: :love:

Without unexpected vets bills, about £800 per year for my pair.

The main weekly cost is fresh veggies. I buy hay and pellets in bulk and vaccinations are spread throughout the year.

Back