• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and Laminate Flooring

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Does anyone have bunnies who have got used to running/playing on laminate??

I'd love to have Dizzi and Rascal downstairs in the living room with us of an evening (instead of me sitting in their bedroom with them) but they seem to struggle on the laminate ....... will they get used to it in time or will I forever have to stick old bits of carpet/rugs down if they're in there??

:D

Mine's are definetely used to it now :) Took a few days but they got there...
Dexie especially likes it when the house gets too hot for him as it stays nice and cool :)
Even the babies are beginning to get the hang of it!

:wave:

Does anyone have bunnies who have got used to running/playing on laminate??

I'd love to have Dizzi and Rascal downstairs in the living room with us of an evening (instead of me sitting in their bedroom with them) but they seem to struggle on the laminate ....... will they get used to it in time or will I forever have to stick old bits of carpet/rugs down if they're in there??

:D

Depends on the bunny usually.

Poppy refuses to step on it and when she is forced to she lepoard crawls with her tummy flat to the ground - she's got the biggest furriest feet and if she actually tried she would be fine on it! :roll: She has to have rugs/carpet or foam mats laid down for her and will hop the gaps between so she doesn't even have to put a paw down! :lol:

Nino doesn't particularly like it but doesn't particularly care either and will slip and slide around on it if there are no rugs down but he does prefer the rugs if given the choice, he's far more adaptable and willing to put up with it, I wouldn't worry too much about him but with his arthritic hips it's not good for him to slide around too much so we generally have lots of rugs around on our lovely new laminate floor! :roll: :D:wave:

Thanks

I don't think they mind it as such, but they do get a bit surprised if they can't stop when they expect to and slide just that little bit further! Bless em!

Might try them again and see how they go ........ I do worry about them crashing into walls n stuff tho! :?

Well I spent over a thousand pound having lamnate put down in my apartment because of my lovely bunnies.

We did use to have it carpeted throughout but when my babies missed their tray weeing, it began to smell a bit so decided on laminate.

In short, my bunnies are fine with it and love playing sprints really fast across it, occasionally they skid but they are happy.

Word of warning , in the corner where they have their litter tray , white marks have appeared due to the damp from missed wees.

Hope this helps.

Back