• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New idea to keep the buns busy!

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Thought I'd post and tell you all about my new way of feeding the buns as it's gone down a storm tonight and all look happy, well fed and had a good front leg workout!
I took the idea of a 'dig-box' and made a food dig-box :) Asda had a set of food storage boxes for a few pounds today so bought some and brought them home.
Instead of the usual, popping the veg in and the pellets in a bowl, I popped everything in a storage box, I then topped it with oodles of hay, some herbs and some dandelions and mixed it all about with my hands :)
The babies had a whale of a time, jumped in the boxes, dug about looking for veggies and pellets whilst at the same time, gobbling down their new hay!
Dexie also loved it, except he decided a quicker way was to pull the box over and dig on the floor! Lol.

Anyway... shall pop piccies up later but thought you'd all like to know :D I'm very proud of myself! Haha xxx

Yeah, good idea. If I made one I think I'd put their favourite treat in ...Pea Flakes! That way they wouldn't expect it as a main dish....hhmmm I can feel a 'construction' project comming on, :lol:
Look foreward to the pics!

Good idea on the bigger scale. I only have one bun at the one so I use one of those really big dog dishes, and mix the burgess forage with all dried goodness, pellets etc and stick a couple of pieces of his fave dried fruit in for measure.

I like the idea of the box though. V good indeed :D

My two would have a field day chucking stuff around! Lol! I've only done it a couple of times because it's me who has to clean up! :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose it's great for them though so i should do it more often! :lol::lol:

Back