• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arghhhhh!!!

I was looking at this hutch in store for my guinea pigs but I thought it was too expensive. Good size for a couple of guinea pigs though.

:shock::shock: Far too small for one frenchie let alone two, It is overpriced, she could of got a cheap 6 x 4 shed for that:?

sometimes things never get through to people, my cousin has 2 lionheads, which originally she had 2 lionheads and a lionhead lop, and thought she should breed from them soo the emale could experience being a mum, the litter died, she still didn;t listen :roll: and then mated them again, these where brother and sister rabbits, i then persuaded her to have the boy neutered and hopefully the female speyed the boy was done, but then she never did the female, the boy died a year later of gi-statis she phoned me up in a state saying my rabbits ill described symtpoms and what should she do, i said vets asap overwise bunny wouldn't last the night, she never listened and he died :cry:

she gave the babies to the petshop :roll: and kept one and its now twith mum, soo 2 unspeyed does together in a tiny hutch, although they do get out everyday, but are not supervised, soo are at risk o dangers etc

the lionhead lop then died as the hutch was soo limsy the roo blew of in gale force winds and wasn;t protected and the rabbit must of died o right and was found outside hutch on the floor

they are also not vaccinated etc, she see's how mine live but nothing seems to sink in

P@H should have suggested hay and a bigger hutch. did they get a run or anything like that? I'm not sure I'd want to keep 1 bunny in there, nevermind 2.

P@H should have suggested hay and a bigger hutch. did they get a run or anything like that? I'm not sure I'd want to keep 1 bunny in there, nevermind 2.

No run, nothing. It's already started to show signs of wear, she's only had it 3 weeks :censored: I deffo wouldn't keep my babies in there! x

P@H are rubbish. When i asked what accomindation do they have for the Giant breed bunnies they are selling they said that... and pointed at the hutch your friend has got. They just dont care and think about money! :censored: :censored:

I got my bun yuri from pets at home and shes had several health problems... and is quite aggressive... shes getting better now as I have been using a reward system and the usual love and attention... She doesnt bite much anymore only when really mifft off which the person usually deserve ie my other half when he gets in her space to much lol

Shes being neutered soon so should calm down after that...

I blame this on them not handling her enough and the conditions she was in... she was alittle older than the other buns

I have to say that comparatively it is a fairly large hutch (I know that they sell 3ft hutches). Can you talk her into a large attached run?

I realise that it falls below RSPCA suggested size, but with an attached run and a much larger floor space it might be convertable.

To be fair, at least its 6ft, she could have bought the Poppy Den or something even smaller. Hopefully she can attach a large run! :)

I have to say that comparatively it is a fairly large hutch (I know that they sell 3ft hutches). Can you talk her into a large attached run?

I realise that it falls below RSPCA suggested size, but with an attached run and a much larger floor space it might be convertable.

Have tried, trust me but she is dead set against it and said it's fine. Might try and find free shed. They have veg and hay now but she's driving me mad!

Have tried, trust me but she is dead set against it and said it's fine. Might try and find free shed. They have veg and hay now but she's driving me mad!

Oh god I don't envy you at all, i've dealt with people like that before and your better off just banging your head against a brick wall :evil:

To be fair the hutch itself isn't a bad size and as already mentioned could have been alot worse. If used with a very large run it could make part of a nice set-up but to be shut in it all the time, especially for 2 buns that will get big is just bad news :(

I really wish we could physically batter the sense into some people.....:roll:

Back