• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for no more fighting & opinions :-(

chelle

Warren Veteran
well - the girls have been fighting....and they had to have staples at the vets today.:(

With adopting Archie we knew it may happen.

I felt really bad as I felt it was my fault....but the vet said it may have happened anyway as its spring, they both girls - its their first spring season and they are both young & they both had scabs where they have had scraps before ...so its been a build up....

Its rather strange as they enjoy eating together & knowing where each other is, will happily sit together when Im there...but as soon as one moves fast or runs past (tails up too) it goes abit funny. They actually locked on this monring & I felt that I had had enough and was going to take them for a car ride....the lap bonding/calming things worked, but thought a different method...well as I checkd then I saw bites, not just scratches & sore lady bits too....so went to the vets.
I am thinking of seperating them tonight...they have a 6X4ft run indoors so can place some mesh between them so they can still see each other....I havent done it yet as they are free ranging & were very interested with lotsa of nose bumps to me & sitting together whilst I was trying to construct the thing...so didnt seperate them.
I think I should for their safety but also dont want to as it seems that at night when I do put them in the run they seem ok - its just mornings & evenings when they get skitzy.....but so dont want them to fight again so then think I should seperate them.....would this damage thier bond more?

Difficult one as they do still like each other - they just jumpy.....but dont want more wounds.:?

Last edited:
Oh chelle I'm really sorry to read this :( sending vibes for no more fighting. I don't have any experience in these matters so I don't know about seperating them - I think it's probably a good idea if they've really been going for each other. If they can still see and smell each other then I'm sure that will be fine.

Everybun seems to be going a bit bonkers because of Spring, fingers crossed that's what's going on, and all will settle in time.

Vibes xxxxxx

Thanks guys:) Its quite shocking how much fur they leave behind & mental they go....but they do seperate when I rush in and usually one runs to my side ....

I know its a shame...I keep trying to think well it may have happened anyway & its done now....so will continue to prepare for bonding a trio in the summer....and at the moment try & get the girls to be ok with each other...shame they seem to remember they are upset with each other - but also reminds me of sisters fighting...all is fine, will be happy and then suddenly its almost as if one is teasing the other.....or asking for it!:roll:
Trying my hardest to bunny chat with them.....I probably look ridiculous but they do sit & stare at me...so maybe its working...its just when Im not there ....:?

Keep up the bunny chat! You're being a fab bunny mummy and they know you love them. They just need to remember that they love each other too! xx

Nooooooooooooooo just read this. :cry: Spring fever may well be a factor, plus Archie probably still smells a bit hormonal. Have you tried taking them for a car journey with them in a carrier together? Really hope they settle down - and sooner rather than later!

Sending vibes for no more fights between your gorgeous girlies. This is my first spring as a bunny mum, but so far Spenser is showing no signs of hormonal behaviour. I'm sure having such a good bunny mummy will be helping, but you can't be with them ALL the time.

thats a shame.... some bunnies are just like that... good luck hun

Sending vibes for no more fights between your gorgeous girlies. This is my first spring as a bunny mum, but so far Spenser is showing no signs of hormonal behaviour. I'm sure having such a good bunny mummy will be helping, but you can't be with them ALL the time.

Thank you....thats very kind xxx

Nooooooooooooooo just read this. :cry: Spring fever may well be a factor, plus Archie probably still smells a bit hormonal. Have you tried taking them for a car journey with them in a carrier together? Really hope they settle down - and sooner rather than later!

I know I know!:roll::(
Ive moved Archie back into the shed now, he was in a small recovery cage after his op & I let him out morning & evenings for a run & a wee....he recovered pretty fast & will back at the vets friday to have his stitches out & his myxi jab...hope he will be ok in the shed after his vac. I just thought he would have more space in the shed....less company ut at least he can run about etc. He seems quite happy bless him :D

Ive not introduced them all as obvioulsy he only came indoors after the op - so didnt want to do it then...and the girls were interested...and abit chasey.....but thought it was better for his hormones to settle first as he is quite persistent and I think he would go crazy in love trying to hump them & if they retaliated & he gets hurt on his bits then that would have been bad....plus he was a little sore & quiet.

I was planning to leave him for a good 6 weeks (hormones settle & get his vacs) before introducing them.....and now the girls have wounds I dont want to cause any more wounds. The girls have to have their stapples out on 5 feb...so hopefully they will be abit more settled. I will seperate them tonight but let them be together during the day & see how they are....its difficult to know whats best for them - the vet said to only let the girls be together if Im there and to do the trio bond over a few months with gradual introductions & not to leave them together until at least 3 months for a night. I was planning the 48 hours intro & see how it goes....now Im not sure whats best.

A car ride would be good I think....but do I set them up so they can all see each other for a week or so before hand OR just throw Archie into the mix?
Dont mind either way - just would be nice if it worked out the least stressful for all the buns.

Thanks for the suggestion ......any thoughts on what Ive mentioned would be great!:wave:

Last edited:
Back