• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Harper is home after her spey, the vet I spoke to earlier said to keep her in overnight. When I spoke to a vet nuse later she said to keep her in for a week. My question is she is in the shed normally surely me keeping her in for a week won't be good because of the temperature change. What shall I do?

cool down your inside as much as possible, turn off heating, open windows etc. If she is okay after 24hrs I would put her back in her usual home but remove any platforms etc so she can't stretch or jump.

Eeeek not sure about that, but couldn't read and run! Sending lots of vibes to Harper!

Fifi had hers done in summer so I didn't have to contemplate this! I wonder if it might be an idea to keep her in a relatively cool room? I don't know :oops:. Feel better soon little one xx

when we had stes mom bunny come to stay we had him in the kitchen, heating turned off and window open.. it was when it was snowing too... he stayed in for 4 days then went home and never had any coat issues at all :D

when we had stes mom bunny come to stay we had him in the kitchen, heating turned off and window open.. it was when it was snowing too... he stayed in for 4 days then went home and never had any coat issues at all :D

I would do something like that!

I would say she needs to be inside overnight for the first night then she needs to be given cage rest for a week but that would be Ok to do outside sheltered in the shed:)

Back