• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

upgrading housing.

shadow05

Mama Doe
12012011168.jpg

right this is scooter home dont know how big it is cant find the tape measure. but anyways i want to find some way of upgrading this. like putting a shelf in or something or even an idea to make a bigger home.

i am thinking about getting a load of them storage cubes. but cant think of how i would do it. ive found out recently that he likes jumping as well.

if anybody has any ideas on how i can make it better plz share them with me?
also can u make a list of the things i would need as well plz thank u.

if anybody needs to know the exact size of my bedroom just let me know. i can also show the other side of them room as well if it will help.

I'm not very good on indoor accommodation as my buns are outsiders but just wanted to say how far you have come with Scooter's 'home'. It's great to see. :) Does he get free range time too? Sure someone will advise soon.

unfortnately not at all he spends his time in that pen. mostly cause i cant get him out he wont allow me to pick him up without a fight. this problem will get corrected eventually though im gonna buy some more panels but the ones im buying will have a door on them which is great. he doesnt seem to mind being in there at all he things its good. the only problem im having with him is that he wants my attention all the time which i cant give to him all the time. everything in his cage does get changed over erguarly though. ive found out that he likes it that dangle from the top of his cage.

I just typed in 'NIC cube cages for rabbits' on google images and alot of results came up, maybe you could get some ideas from pics on there. There were some brilliant set ups!

If Scooter likes to jump then a shelf/extra levels would be wonderful for him.

Unfotunately I have never made a pen so have no ideas for you but def check out the pics on google and see if they help.

I just typed in 'NIC cube cages for rabbits' on google images and alot of results came up, maybe you could get some ideas from pics on there. There were some brilliant set ups!

If Scooter likes to jump then a shelf/extra levels would be wonderful for him.

Unfotunately I have never made a pen so have no ideas for you but def check out the pics on google and see if they help.

oh thanks for that didnt know ill have a look now.

I think he'd love to have some more room to run around in free-range for at least a couple of hours every day. I know what you mean about him not liking being picked up, but you could maybe put a couple of boxes either side of the mesh when its time for him to come out, then he can hop up on them like stairs to get in an out by himself?

I think he'd love to have some more room to run around in free-range for at least a couple of hours every day. I know what you mean about him not liking being picked up, but you could maybe put a couple of boxes either side of the mesh when its time for him to come out, then he can hop up on them like stairs to get in an out by himself?

i would do this but haven't got enought boxes for it and im afraid he will hurt himself if he miss or falls off. its not just that but he also trys to destroy everything as well

i know i love this one might put a secound a third floor to it and just keep him as that put a door on each level so he can get out when i need him too.

How about taking out one panel of the dog crate and using a puppy/rabbit playpen to extend it out for him, http://www.petsathome.com/shop/smal...tplaypens&msg=MSG_SEARCH_ONE_MATCHING_PRODUCT

they come with six panels and are so useful to have as you can put them outside or round items you don't want him getting to etc it would give him a good extension - you'd need to use the net which oddly is cut to the hexagon shape - no expense spared:roll: I bought a huge piece in my local gardening shop for a few pounds as I have a few to cover.:wave:

i like this one but id hve to shorten it a bit to meet the same size of my room.
ry%3D400

Wow, that looks awesome! Something for us both to aspire to eh?

I'm really impressed how well Scooters accommodation has come on since I first saw you on here, congrats :D

p.s. keep posting lots, I love looking at the pics in your siggy, especially the last one of baby Scooter :love:

Wow, that looks awesome! Something for us both to aspire to eh?

I'm really impressed how well Scooters accommodation has come on since I first saw you on here, congrats :D

p.s. keep posting lots, I love looking at the pics in your siggy, especially the last one of baby Scooter :love:

lol ive got loads of other one if i want ill make a thread and show u them all. ive got one with him and the other bunny we got him with. they were both so cute when they were little.

im thinking about changing his cage soon. i dont like the amount of space hes got at the moment its still to small. i measured it the other day. it is 2.10 ft in width and 4.5 ft in length.

i think after valentimes day and after ive got myself some new shoes. im going to start saving up for materials for a cage like that. obviously if something cripes up it will take longer.

Back