• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you discipline your rabbits?

Do you discipline your rabbits?

• Yes

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 85 75.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters
no. they don't understand discipline and will carry on with whatever they weren't meant to be doing as soon as your back is turned anyway. the most I do is shoo them away!

No! Never!

I call their names and they stop what they are doing, then if they continue i move them and they dont tend to do it again :? :lol:

Of the two bunnies I had, Clover was really intelligent, but she absolutely couldn't understand something like that. She was once ripping up the carpet. I came flying down the stairs all annoyed, and told her no, etc, but she carried on doing it right in front of me! :roll: :lol: Dusty, on the other hand, cowered in the corner, as a reaction to unusually loud mummy!

Its the innocent face after Lola has bitten a hole in the leather sofa, I normally end up picking her up and having a little chat with her...followed by cuddles and kisses:oops::lol::lol::lol:

I say NO! and this stops them doing whatever they were doing.

Like when Inca goes to bite at her flower, i always shout NO! and she looks at me :)

Or when Herbie pushes Inca, i should NO! and he runs away!

Like when Inca goes to bite at her flower, i always shout NO! and she looks at me :)

Ooh, MENSA bunnies!! :lol:

with Alvin being deaf me shouting or clapping has no effect :lol:

they are both angels anyhows and dont require discipline :p

No, not any more, they're garden buns now so no need to really but even when they were still indoors they didn't take a blind bit of notice of me so i just came to the conclusion if there was something i didn't want them doing to make sure it was out of their reach or they couldn't get to it

similar with mine.. Blousy watches me walk away then carries on!! :roll:

No it would be unfair I think, I do say 'aa' if they are doing something they should not be but my opinion is that if one of my animals does something wrong that's my fault for not watching them, putting stuff away, not providing training etc.

Apart from occasional claps, no. Rabbits don't learn from negative discipline, they can only learn from positive enforcement. Eg. treat for doing something good :wave:

No, what's the point, they won't listen to me :p Sometimes I say 'no' to them but they ignore me. :roll::lol:

Apart from occasional claps, no. Rabbits don't learn from negative discipline, they can only learn from positive enforcement. Eg. treat for doing something good :wave:

:thumb:

Disciplining a rabbit is inappropriate and ineffective, they are not children they are animals.

Back