• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Different, entertaining toys for the disconcerting bored very easily rabbit?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Ideas anyone?

I'm a tad short on money right now, i've tried all the 'free' type ideas that im aware of (toilet rolls, toilet roll balls, etc)

Budget of no more than £20 after Monday next week,as thats payday and i'd like them to last for a little while :oops:

Sorry for the really random terms!

Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried a cling film tube with a few pellets in the middle and hay stuffed in each end? That's kept some of ours (particularly foodies) entertained for ages while they try and get the pellets out.

BOXES with hay and like...some treats in so they can forage

Jack was chasing a flapjack box - without the flapjacks in!

Willow branches....

Hmmm.....

Cheap balls? xx

Teach 'n' Treat ;- Its fab, three levels and your buns have to work out how to get their food, its around £10 but its 3 in 1 :D

Food Ball ;- Again a real hit with rabbits and it keeps them quiet, they are about £2.50-£4.00 depending on where you go:):wave:

Have you tried a cling film tube with a few pellets in the middle and hay stuffed in each end? That's kept some of ours (particularly foodies) entertained for ages while they try and get the pellets out.

I like that one - cling film tubes are tougher, so even Biccy's chewing might take a while, thanks :) i'll add it to the list!

Teach 'n' Treat ;- Its fab, three levels and your buns have to work out how to get their food, its around £10 but its 3 in 1 :D

Food Ball ;- Again a real hit with rabbits and it keeps them quiet, they are about £2.50-£4.00 depending on where you go:):wave:

We have a food ball. Biscuit doesnt like it, Ginger loves it though. He just follows her, she gets the pellets out, misses them, he hoovers them up :lol:

I'll look at the teach n treat, but i'm not sure its worth the money :?

Thank you for taking the time though :wave:

BOXES with hay and like...some treats in so they can forage

Jack was chasing a flapjack box - without the flapjacks in!

Willow branches....

Hmmm.....

Cheap balls? xx

Yeah. boxes don't last long in this house :lol:

Balls don't either, which is my problem!

I have the same problem, only I cant give boxes as bunsk sits and eats them! :lol:

He loves his treat ball though!

Cardboard box upside down so like a den - two holes cut in it (entrance and exit) and filled with scrunchy brown packaging paper (that you get in every courier delivery these days) :wave:

My two LOVE this in their hutch - bang around in that box for hours doing god knows what! :roll::lol: Two days later the paper is all ripped to shreds :lol:

I reckon you need to get creative with your food, more than toys. Spread it around, hide it, scatter it, dangle it, etc. You don't have to just give it in a box :) Have fun with it.

How about a rope ball you can pick them up at the poundshop in the dog section or go to pets at home and buy the same thing for £2:roll::lol:

Have you had the carrot patch toy, its £10 at pets at home but a bit cheaper online Lola who refuses to play with any toys loves this!!:D

If your rabbits like rattles a sealed tube filled with rice is a good idea Lola had great fun throwing round the one I made:D:wave:

Have you got a paper shredder? If it's the 'ribbon' type (that cuts into strips not little tiny pieces) you could get a load and fill a paper bag with it and hide little chunks of veg in there too. Might keep him busy for 5 mins...

Ummm... have you got anything you could hang things off? (Mug tree is the only thing I can think of!) You could tie bits of food up with string and he could periscope to get there?

Little handful that bunster of yours, isn't he??

:love:

no tips that haven't been mentioned i'm afraid:?

eric's new plaything is some lovely card i bought from the craft chop and stupidly left on the floor whilst i popped upstairs for a wee. it has very nicely 'decorated' corners now:roll:

esme is currently paper shredding mad. i got her a new box to shred and dig at earlier. very odd behaviour at the moment from a spayed rabbit:oops: i don't bother hiding food in them now as she scatters her food everywhere anyway!

My bunnies love throwing around small plastic tubs, the kind you get coleslaw in, and or small plastic flower pots :) I have no idea why they like throwing them about but they love it :lol:

I reckon you need to get creative with your food, more than toys. Spread it around, hide it, scatter it, dangle it, etc. You don't have to just give it in a box :) Have fun with it.

I agree. Oggie goes nuts for anything with food.

He always has his food scattered about in his hutch which keeps him entertained but afew nights ago I hid the veggies around my room. I put him away in his hutch whilst I hid them all and he was getting so frustrated! Chewing the bars :lol: Took him ages to find all the pieces!

My bunnies love throwing around small plastic tubs, the kind you get coleslaw in, and or small plastic flower pots :) I have no idea why they like throwing them about but they love it :lol:

mine like plastic things!

small empty plastic milk cartons are always a hit and Tallulah loves my plastic jug and she also makes off with my dustpan brush regularly. :roll:

Buddy loves his bunny rattle and i only paid a couple of pounds for that.

Hi :wave:

Ditto all of the above...especially the dustpan and brush :lol:

Do your buns like nibbling things? Mine loves the bundles of willow sticks - a big favourite - think they're about £2 from The Range but you can get them elsewhere - lots of time spent gnawing, scratching at them, then taking it all apart stick by stick - which you can then tie back together again, so they can do it all again.

Dangling things keep him intrigued too. And a small jingly ball.

Throwing his food bowl around seemed quite fun for a while, so I substituted with assorted little plastic cups and bowls...the stacking cups that toddlers have are quite good sizes...and changing them every so often seems to get him interested again.

Am making a digging box for him at the weekend too as he seems to enjoy trashing his bedroom most nights.

Have fun!

Back