• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny-themed art

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
I love to draw bunnies!
2jt6jp.jpg

Post yours!

Wow! :thumb: what an excellent picture. Love the neatness of the lines and colours, especially around the eyes. What medium do you use? I paint/copy in acrylics and as yet have not painted my buns.... I'm on a session of family portraits. :D

Last edited:
Thank you for your nice words! This is a watercolor texture (scanned from real watercolor paper) under a digital painting made in Photoshop and SAI ( a painting software).
I used to paint on acrylics too, but I never did a rabbit (I didn't have any at the time). Perhaps in the future I'll pick them up again!

Animal art

Must say I've never tried computer related art work, although I can appreciate it's realism. I've had a look at photoshop and bought a magazine about it but am too lazy to sit down and practice! :lol:

Anyhow, I know this thread is dedicated to buns but I'd like to show one of my early attempts of acrylic painting, a piece of my first 'big' picture, the only bit that 'works' for me actually and the pic is now at the back of the wardrobe!!(the rest of the pic had us humans in -rest my case:lol:) :lol:

It's of my mum's late dog 'Senna'(after Ayrton)...I like his nose!! (his paws look a bit dodgy:lol:)

senna002-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's beautiful! You must be very talented. Do you use a tablet or just a mouse?
I never got the hang of painting on the computer :(

I did an oil painting of my bunnies for the art club on here last year though:
IMG_1555.jpg

And some other people have drawn cartoons of my bunnies:
pipkin-1.png

Ruby_Color-2.png

Loosy, I love your style :D

Koshiatar - they look great, but (not meaning to be critical) I would have changed the human hands to paws personally.

Are you going to join our Art Club?

These are some ACEOs I have painted today (have sold one already!)
ACEOs have to be 2.5 x 3.5" in size.

ACEOJan30th2011011.jpg

ACEOJan30th2011007.jpg

ACEOJan30th2011004.jpg

Here's my attempt to capture baby Mr McFlurry (before I knew pink was going to be his favourite colour).

P1290388.jpg

It's on my wardrobe door, along with Otto, my late sponsor bunny.

That's really sweet, Susie Bun - you obviously had a big influence on Mr McF!

I thought the picture of Otto was Mr McF at first glance!

Here are a few bits I've done. Most of them were portraits for members :D

fifi.jpg

rabbitpas.jpg

blackbunny.jpg

150371_10150095522204363_510329362_7280497_8119669_n.jpg

155842_10150095522904363_510329362_7280507_555372_n.jpg

150505_10150095522849363_510329362_7280506_8268507_n.jpg

You should do some prints of your work for the pledge a pound fundraiser, great way to make a little extra money yourself and support the various rescues out there.:wave:

What fantastic pics!!! love it. Love to see folks's art work....I'll have to have a go at a bun too, tho' I'm caught up painting my niece's graduation pic at the mo'...big family portrait project going on.

:thumb: to all...:love:

Beautiful art everyone! <3

Loosy, I love your style :D

Koshiatar - they look great, but (not meaning to be critical) I would have changed the human hands to paws personally.

Are you going to join our Art Club?
Human hands so look a bit strange, you're right.
Wow, there's an Art Club? Please tell me about it!
For those who ask, I use a tablet of course. I recently purchased a Cintiq. For those who are interested: best. thing. ever. Very expensive, but speed and control can't be matched.
And now...

Last edited:
Mango lassi!

Tonight me and OH had Indian, and we both love mango lassi. Just, he made me notice, we have one very special Mango!

Mango-lassi.jpg

I was thinking, I could give some of my pieces over to a rescue. They could open a Zazzle account or something similar and see if they can make any money by selling mugs, prints, t-shirt etc.
Would you buy someting with my stuff printed on? I also proposes that for the Fundraising thread, but it was not accepted yet because I could not suggest a rescue in particular to benefit. Anyone in the UK wishes to take charge of it?

Last edited:
Back