• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

Gertie

Mama Doe
Hi, it's been a while! You all know how life can be!

Anyway, Gertie is off for her first dental today. A day we hoped wouldn't happen for her, seeing as she's a hay dustbin, but yep, spikes. She's never had her teethies checked before, so one wonders if the spikes are there from before (she was being fed a mix before we got her) but whatever, it's worry time again. :(

Thank you both. :wave:

I'm not used to this anymore since we lost Robert. It was "one of those things" for him, this is new with her.

Thanks Graham. :)

Still haven't heard anything. Hopefully she's well prepared for it, she hadn't stopped eating - it was checked at her last vet appointment for a weigh in (ironically, we were still trying to shift some weight off the little fatty!).

Thank you all for your thoughts. x

She's home, but not looking too happy. I think it's more of an issue of stress, she's not good at the vets in general, unlike Robert and Bonnie before her who were very chilled there after going so often. We're letting her calm down and hopefully she'll eat something on her own soon. I have some pellets softening as I type though, just in case.

Thanks again. :)

She's perkier this morning, but not eating properly yet. She will eat grated carrot on her own, so at least that's a start!

Just to let anyone who wants to know, know!

Gertie's back eating and drinking as normal. Thanks to all for the vibesand well wishes. After Bonnie and Robert, my dental memories had been scarred so I appreciate your thoughts. x

Back