• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eco house

radiobunny

New Kit
Hi, I'm new to this.
I'm planning on buying a bunny once I've moved into a new apartment. I've had a few ideas for the cage, and I was wondering if they are a safe alternative to bunny housing care.

I thought I could get a cage with a high plastic bottom, fill it with soil and plant some grass and "light snacks". I've read that they like digging, so I figured this could also help, especially if I get a younger rabbit. (Restricting the play area and all that.)
I'm not planning on having a lot of carpets, and I figure cleaning dirt off a hardwood/ceramic floor won't be too big of an issue.
Do you guys think it'll work?

Welcome to the forum. That sounds like a neat idea. I bought one of those plastic trays once filled with wheat grass seeds. The idea is you put it on a window sill and water it. The wheat grass grows and you give the tray of grass to the bunny. Julie tore the thing up and tried to eat the whole thing in a matter of minutes. I hope that it works out better for you and your bunny. Julie is obsessed with any food though not all bunnies are like she is.

Last edited:
Back