• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Third bun?

lexybee91

Warren Scout
I read that a trio is sometimes better as if a bun passes away the other bun will get really unhappy. Do you guys think I should get a third bun? xx

No. You've just rehomed three rabbits.

Also if the bond doesn't work you will need to get third bun a friend.

okies.

I was told not to put the three buns with isobelle and jack because I didn't know what they had come from. But the bunny in question is a friends that she can no longer afford to keep :) I thought that that may be okay because she's already spayed and stuffxx

okies.

I was told not to put the three buns with isobelle and jack because I didn't know what they had come from. But the bunny in question is a friends that she can no longer afford to keep :) xx

The whole reason why you rehomed your rabbit was because you couldn't afford their vacs, spays and upkeep:?

Why not look after your current rabbits and advise your friend to rehome her rabbit on here rather than you taking it in.

I guess...I just wanted to help her and didn't want my bunnies to suffer from depression if one of them passes away. That would be horrible. I was only asking anyways.... :(

Trios are tricky, often one bun gets left out, you are better sticking with a pair and dealing with one mourning if/when it happens

I guess...I just wanted to help her and didn't want my bunnies to suffer from depression if one of them passes away. That would be horrible. I was only asking anyways.... :(

I think if they're a bonded pair it might be quite difficult to introduce a new bunny. If one did pass away I've read the best thing to do is let the remaining bunny grieve and find them a new friend when they have recovered.

I hope your friend manages to find a nice home for her bunny :)

16234_178189303461_764328461_2952875_4231367_n.jpg

That's poppy my friends bunny, isn't she amazing!

xx

Many bunny experts say trios rarely work due to jealousy issues its not worth destroying what your bunnies already have and causing stress.

As mentioned its best to introduce a new pal after the bun has had time to grieve.

The best way to attempt to avoid this is to get buns of similar ages to pair though as we all know it doesnt always work that way and bunnies like who they like lol

A bunny my friend had refused 8 bunnies before accepting the 9th female it was an odd pairing too she was much bigger than him

buuhh...buuutt....her eyes they're drawing me in ...............:love: Whew that was close!

Seriously, though! She is beautiful and she does deserve a lovely home. Dannii says she's a right little pig too, eats everything! x

buuhh...buuutt....her eyes they're drawing me in ...............:love: Whew that was close!

Seriously, though! She is beautiful and she does deserve a lovely home. Dannii says she's a right little pig too, eats everything! x

Why does your friend want rid?! She is definately only a baby! :( I'd stick with your two for now :thumb: X

Back