• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blossom isn't being nice to me :(

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
Is there a best time to get a rabbit spayed (Season/month)? I was hoping to get her fixed by the end of Summer but she wont stop messing everywhere It's a right hassle to clear up every morning. So I'm debating on getting her done sooner now. She's a 6 month old Netherland Dwarf.

Her favourite places to mess and wee are on newspaper (so I can't line the hutch with out replacing it daily) and hay, even though I use it as their food source she'll pee all over it. Which is extremely frustrating, I've tried a hay rack but they pull it all out together (Blossom and Thumper) and she'll go and wee all over it.

My theory is that getting her fixed will help litter train her, Thumper is really well litter trained and will only pee in his box and no where else which is great But she just wont do it unless I line 6 specific areas with litter boxes, by which point it covers most of their hutch area anyway so it seems pointless

Help!

PS- cleaning it up daily wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to wake up to go to work at 5:45am! I finish work at 5:30pm and don't get home till around 6:30pm if I'm lucky :/ So if she was cleaner and tidyer it'd help me alot so I can get an extra 15 minutes in bed at least.

id aim for spring... its warm enough to bring her in for healing and then not too cold to put her back out :D

I'm sorry you are having a stressful time with this. I've no experience with girl bunnies, and only know that bucks are supposed to be easier to litter-train after neuter. I've been really lucky yet becuase Spenser is very tidy although not neutered yet. I hope someone with more knowledge comes along soon to advise you.:wave:

do you cover the whole floor area with hay?? if so just put it in a litter tray and see if that helps....just a thought :wave:

Back