• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of a new hutch for Leo bunny

alisont

Mama Doe
Been browsing the web recently as looking at the idea of a new hutch for Leo rabbit, he lives outdoors and his current hutch has some damp in the roof area now, its one with removable for cleaning plastic coated wooden bases (would not buy that type again) It's at the stage where it's an ok hutch but has 'seen better days' and could do with replacing!

I need to measure up one weekend as not sure what would fit where his hutch is - know 5 foot is fine but not sure I'd get a 6 foot hutch in, might with some shifting other hutches about.

I like the look of this from Happy Hutch Company:

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=22

Would look at either the 5 or 6 foot one with 2 foot height. Will depend what I can fit in.

Leo is 14 and does not move about as much these days, so the 5 foot should be ok but I know to get the largest that I can fit in. He has a run for on the grass when the weather is better - at the mo if I put him out with the run cover on he sits on his carpet tile for an hour then is at the door wanting to go back to his hutch!

I would hope this hutch would if used with a cover and looked after last for years to come.

Has anyone got one of these hutches?

They come flat pack - think I'll be ok as have put some flat pack hutches together in the past - am not good at DIY:oops:

Will keep looking at other hutches too. Not really got space for a shed and live with parents who are not keen on the shed idea, but if I ever get one could move this hutch into there. It would go in a sheltered area by the house/tall fence.

Don't know much about these hutches, others on here have them I believe?
Had you thought of a small wendy house for the old guy? (well he is doing well to get that age isn't he!) I am thinking of replacing my hutch with a wendy house as fed up with all the bad weather, hoping I could cram myself into one (I'm tall) they start at about £160, maybe less for special offers.

Hi, silly question maybe but have you thought about a shed rather than a hutch? I only say this because |I had a hutch first but then moving to a shed was fab because I can actually go out and spend time with them no matter what the weather, its easy to clean too and much bigger than a hutch as you can build lots of interesting levels for them to play on at least double the space for them.

Thanks good ideas there, I need to measure up at the mo its too dark when I get in from work. Need to see if I can fit the 6 foot hutch in or not.

That hutch looks good and strong, if I did get a hutch it would be in a sheltered area by the house/high fence.

Not thought of a wendy house - will have a look but he is so use to a hutch and run in warmer weather not sure what he would think - he can be a right stroppy one at times:lol:

I won't rush into a new hutch, want to find the best one for Leo:)

Back