• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good News (scooter).

shadow05

Mama Doe
so ive got some good news scooter is booked at the vets this friday at 9 and i will have to pick him up anywhere between 10 and 3 and is finally going to be neutered. thank god :D. it will also only cost me £41 something which is a good amount it also includes every thing even his first check up and he is also now registered at the vets along with amy my moms dog.

now just to check my mom was told by the receptionist that i feed him as normal that morning is this right i want to make sure.

here are some new pics of him anyway.
25012011277.jpg

25012011276.jpg

25012011275.jpg

25012011265.jpg

25012011261.jpg

Yay!

Yup feed him as normal. I like to take along a little variety of stuff mine like so they have a choice when they come round. :)

okay i think ill take some carrot and parsley for him lol he really likes parsley now lol give him quit a bit today never given him that much before but he loved it. hes been hyper ever since lol really excited.

shadow thats brilliant news, yes feed him as normal, when mine were neutered, i took some food, hay, and a blanket they use, they wouldn't let mine come home till they had eaten, drank, pooed and wee'd, well done for getting him booked in :D

hes a bit annoyed at me at the moment ive had to put him back in his old cage until tmmorow when ever i get his duvet cover washed.

lol i am. if hes behaved and still does things to suggest his lonely im gonna sit down with my mom until she lets me get him a friend. obviously ill have to get something roughtly the same age as him or a little bit older.

You will slowly see him become quite the young gent in the days and months that follow after his neuter!

Awesome news Shadow. Well Done! :)

That was sooner than expected, eh?

yea it was just hope i get paid as normal on friday. if i dont then ill either have to lend some money or will hve to cancel which hope fully wont be needed. ive been at collage all week and was on time to every lesson. so if i dont get paid then some ones gonna get it in the neck lol

i am a little bit worried and scared im quite protective over my pets. and i know im going to have to leave him there. this will probs upset me. brings back memorys of when i had to leave my hamster who was called sooty when he was ill and had to be put down. i had to walk out of the consultation room and leave him with the vet. it still upsets me now when i think about it. :cry:

It's horrible leaving them behind at the vets but it will all be worth it in the end. Joejoe was about a year old when he had his bits seen to and there was still a change for the better afterwards. he wouldn't touch his nuggets or hay for a couple of days afterwards he would only eat herbs so thats a great idea about the parsley :wave: Good luck for friday! x

It's horrible leaving them behind at the vets but it will all be worth it in the end. Joejoe was about a year old when he had his bits seen to and there was still a change for the better afterwards. he wouldn't touch his nuggets or hay for a couple of days afterwards he would only eat herbs so thats a great idea about the parsley :wave: Good luck for friday! x

lol scooter is a year old now. should have had him done when he was younger would have been a better idea. oh well ill remeber to bring some parsley with me when i got to pick him up.

its quite cold outside and he has lived in side all his life. so i was wondering wat do i put in his carrier when i take him to the vets.

shadow thats brilliant news, yes feed him as normal, when mine were neutered, i took some food, hay, and a blanket they use, they wouldn't let mine come home till they had eaten, drank, pooed and wee'd, well done for getting him booked in :D

Brilliant news well done Shadow05 :thumb:

I'm sure this Op will make your life much easier with Scooter. Definitely take along his favourite blanket/bedding, and a bag of his favourite veg (ask the vet nurse to put it in the fridge and a note on his cage to feed him hs favourite things when he comes round), and some of his usual pellets and favourite hay.
Good luck for Friday x

lol scooter is a year old now. should have had him done when he was younger would have been a better idea. oh well ill remeber to bring some parsley with me when i got to pick him up.

its quite cold outside and he has lived in side all his life. so i was wondering wat do i put in his carrier when i take him to the vets.

A couple of towels/blankets on top of some newspaper to soak up any accidents and pop a towel over the top (just leave some gaps for ventilation). He will be less stressed if it is dark and he can't see out too much. :wave:

okay thank u everyone ill make sure he gets everything he needs for friday im gonna have to get up at about 7 spend until 8 getting him and myself ready. unfortunately i have to take the bus there and back. i cant get anybody to bring me back so im just gonna have to be careful with him and get him home as soon as possible its only one bus away so should be okay.

when he gets back ill make sure everything set up and will get him eating straight away make sure hes warm and confortable. and keep an eye on him. ill probs spend the rest of the day in my room just so i can watch him.

ill have some money left over i might buy him a nice comfortable bed for him to lie on and stuff but worried he will try and eat it and destroy it as well.

okay thank u everyone ill make sure he gets everything he needs for friday im gonna have to get up at about 7 spend until 8 getting him and myself ready. unfortunately i have to take the bus there and back. i cant get anybody to bring me back so im just gonna have to be careful with him and get him home as soon as possible its only one bus away so should be okay.

when he gets back ill make sure everything set up and will get him eating straight away make sure hes warm and confortable. and keep an eye on him. ill probs spend the rest of the day in my room just so i can watch him.

ill have some money left over i might buy him a nice comfortable bed for him to lie on and stuff but worried he will try and eat it and destroy it as well.

A snugglesafe heat pad is great but expensive. A cheap alternative is empty 1 litre water bottles filled with hot water from the hot tap (not boiling) and wrapped in a towel for him to lie beside. Or you can put uncooked rice into a sock and microwave it until warm (just make sure he can't eat the rice/sock) - needs to be used supervised. Keeping him warm and eating post-op are very important. Fluids and pain relief are also very important. I'm sure he'll be ok try not to worry. Just make sure when you collect him from the vets that because you don't have transport you collect anything else you need as well. Oral pain relief to use at home in case he needs it the next day and some critical care/recovery food for emergencies.

i was thinking while hes in the vets ill go shopping get some nice veg, maybe a comfortable bed when hes home and some other stuff. ill try the water bottle thing on the way back from the vets just hope it doesnt crush him lol its a good thing i arranged this for friday it mean ill be able to keep an eye on him sat and sunday before i have to go back to collage. after this my mom will keep and eye on him.

Back