• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do my bunnies do this...?

Hiya

My female rabbit (Chamomile) regularly seems to try to mate with the top of my male rabbit's (Peppermint) head, whilst licking his back! They are both neutered and I've never seen Peppermint try the same. He just sits there and lets her do it. Any ideas why she does it? :?

Ta x

Yes she's showing him shes the boss. This humping behaviour by either sex is about dominance. I have a lovely gentle buck, whose wifey bun Blossom humps him everytime they free range in the garden, he's so mild mannered he just lets her do it. It's natural buunny behaviour.

Seems like she is topbun! :lol:

She is just making sure he still knows she is the boss!
My Fuzzy always humps Daisy whenever she gets the chance when they are in the garden :roll: :lol:

Thanks! Aww, good to know its natural! She tends to do it when they are free ranging in the living room, like now. I've just seen her do it, so I thought, I'd ask what it meant. Feel a bit sorry for Peppermint, but he doesn't seem to mind much! Bless!

Thanks! Aww, good to know its natural! She tends to do it when they are free ranging in the living room, like now. I've just seen her do it, so I thought, I'd ask what it meant. Feel a bit sorry for Peppermint, but he doesn't seem to mind much! Bless!

As long as he isnt getting stressed by it, they should be fine!

My Daisy is used to it now... she just hops off :lol:

ruby does the same to poor reggie. When he gets fed up with her he bites her tummy and then she goes all snuggly and puts her head under his for licks :) they are so funny to watch!

Back