• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar is at vets tomorrow

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
...for his first VHD vaccination. I can't take him so the OH is, is there anything in particular that I should tell him to ask/keep an eye out for?

Mine have always been fine after having their vaccination, but I know it can give side effects for a day or so after in some buns. Maybe ask the vet what to look out for? So you know what could be 'normal' and what isn't?

Hope it goes (or went :oops:) well xx

He's back from the vets now looking very subdued, just ran into the corner and staying there... Will keep an eye on him, anything I should look out for in particular?
Oh, the vaccination he was given was anivac

He's back from the vets now looking very subdued, just ran into the corner and staying there... Will keep an eye on him, anything I should look out for in particular?
Oh, the vaccination he was given was anivac

He's probably more miffed from the journey etc rather than the jab itself.

We find that side effects (if any) from the vaccine tend to appear 2-3 weeks later. Most buns are absolutely fine, but occasionally a buns immunity may be compromised by the vacc.

He's probably more miffed from the journey etc rather than the jab itself.

We find that side effects (if any) from the vaccine tend to appear 2-3 weeks later. Most buns are absolutely fine, but occasionally a buns immunity may be compromised by the vacc.

Yeah, I think he was just annoyed, he's sat in his hay box munching now, so all is well.
Thanks for the info :)

Didn't see this yesterday or I would have replied. When Bunsk had his, he was very quiet and just flopped about. Didn't eat as much either.

Sorry, I was out most of yestedray and missed this thread. Spenser was a bit off for a couple of days following his VHD (cylap) vaccination. He also had a local reaction on the back of his neck, although I think this worried me more than him. He was fine again after 48 hours. :wave:

Back