• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Name these plants (under welfare just in case they're poisonous) Now with better pics

crazyames

Warren Scout
These plants are in my garden near where Frankie likes to play. I don't think he's eaten any of it as I'm not sure what it is. Better safe than sorry after all.

Anyway, it's bothering as to what they are so here are the pics:

plant2.png

and

plant1.png

I thought I'd keep the images big to help identify them.

Last edited:
Do you have a flower button on your camera? If so this is the macro function and will help the camera to focus closer. ;)

The bottom leaf looks like a member of the rose family, possibly a Potentilla. The top one is tricky. Are they weeds or have they been planted on purpose? It would help to know what the flowers look like.

I'll try and get some better pictures in a sec, I put these pics on a gardening website too and they seem to think the bottom one is trailing tormentil and say bitter cress too.

I haven't seen them flower yet, when we moved in 6 months ago the garden had been completely weeded nicely and these have only recently started to grow.

Okay hopefully these will help:

DSCN5787.jpg

DSCN5786.jpg

And:

DSCN5785.jpg

DSCN5784.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that this looks like hairy bittercress - it should have tiny hairs on. If you eat it, it tastes a bit like watercress. :)

However there is another plant in there too, see the leaf here:
............................................................................ll
............................................................................ll
............................................................................V which looks like buttercup (poisonous)

compare it to this, to check:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/environme...ious_weeds/imagesC/creeping_buttercup_RP.ashx

Back