• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying & cage rest

Delilah is booked in for her spay in march, Shes a free roam rabbit along with Charlie neither of them like being in a cage and delilah starts rattling the whole cage if shes left alone for more than 5 minutes in it:roll:

Could I let her back into her room straight away or does she have to have cage rest?

I tried to rest my girls. They were having none of it. They rattled the cage and grunted at me until I relented. I think I managed a day and a half before they were ready to explode. Can you limit her space so she's not caged but has less room to try and run around?

I tried to rest my girls. They were having none of it. They rattled the cage and grunted at me until I relented. I think I managed a day and a half before they were ready to explode. Can you limit her space so she's not caged but has less room to try and run around?

Her bedroom is pretty small, I will have to cage her for one night as I need to watch her for pooing & eating but I think she will be better snuggled into charlie and more happy with him too! I might pull a little trick and leave her at the vets over night so they can watch her and put up with her mood swings:lol:

You'll know when she is fully rested and ready for more space :wave:
When george was neutered he spent the first day in his cage, though i did open the door a couple of times and he just didnt want to come out to play, i think he was feeling sorry for himself!

I think a day will be fine, just keep watch she doesnt harm herself though or over do it, and keep a very close eye on her belly :wave:

George was to and from the vets because he kept undoing his wound!
First they glued it and he unstuck it :roll: then they stitched it and he undone that too! and then they glued it and stapled it AND he had the cone of shame :( Naughty bun!

You'll know when she is fully rested and ready for more space :wave:
When george was neutered he spent the first day in his cage, though i did open the door a couple of times and he just didnt want to come out to play, i think he was feeling sorry for himself!

I think a day will be fine, just keep watch she doesnt harm herself though or over do it, and keep a very close eye on her belly :wave:

George was to and from the vets because he kept undoing his wound!
First they glued it and he unstuck it :roll: then they stitched it and he undone that too! and then they glued it and stapled it AND he had the cone of shame :( Naughty bun!

:lol:

i had to keep Alvin quiet for two whole weeks.. not hard because hes the laziest rabbit going!!!

we had stes moms lad come to stay after his op and we only locked him up for two days then let him have a little wonder about the room for a few mins each night till he went home after 4 days.

i think when we get the girls done i will keep them confined for atleast a week depending on what the vet recommends too because of how big the op is and how many more stitches they have to pull out.. problem would be the pain relief will stop them taking it easy so they *may* do damage feeling ok when they aint before they have had a chance to heal. :?

Back