• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I not let them outside? How can they get excersize, their pen takes up most of the living room :) xx

they are cute, I thought they were wild bunnies or something...xx

Awww they are gorgeous, I think they look a bit like dutch/english but, really I have no idea, they are lovely the other two are lop and dutch I think :love:

So should I not let them outside? How can they get excersize, their pen takes up most of the living room :) xx

they are cute, I thought they were wild bunnies or something...xx

I think as long as they are moving and they have cover to get into, providing they keep moving it would be good on the nicer days to let them have a run around.:wave:

Awww thanks vickip

Yeah I was thinking on nicer days, obviously not snow/sleet/hail or boiliing hot sun days...but nice days, spring like days? xx

Is there anyway to let them free range part of the house? Or have a secure pen (including a top) outside?

I could do a secure run in the garden but well...we moved into our home i n october when all theground was frozen, so doing anythingwith the over grown garden wasn't going to happen right then.

i'm not sure if the grass would be mow able now?

I would be worried about what was in the undergrowth

if i picked some grass and washed it in water would that be okay for the bunnies? xx

Here it is still only 10 degrees in the day. If you indoors is about 20 degrees then I wouldn't put them out yet. Remember not to introduce grass suddenly if they are not used to it, always do things gradually.
The best way to get them to lose weight is to adjust their diet to a healthy one :)

Awww thanks vickip

Yeah I was thinking on nicer days, obviously not snow/sleet/hail or boiliing hot sun days...but nice days, spring like days? xx

Yeah use your judgement, they have plenty of insulation atm and are more likely to move around outside I suppose, well done taking them on, I'm sure under your care you'll get them trim, they are lucky to be safe and with someone who loves them very much, they are lovely rabbits :love:

Hippo? Lol I know they're big but they're no hippos! :p

so maybe, a couple of small bits of grass? mixed in with their pelletS? xx

Is it really that warm already, i'm surea week ago it was -9 or somethingx

I could do a secure run in the garden but well...we moved into our home i n october when all theground was frozen, so doing anythingwith the over grown garden wasn't going to happen right then.

i'm not sure if the grass would be mow able now?

I would be worried about what was in the undergrowth

if i picked some grass and washed it in water would that be okay for the bunnies? xx

Personally i would maybe buy some readigrass to mix a small bit in with their hay till you've got to grips with the garden and whats in it / using it etc :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back