• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Suitable' rabbit advice I was given

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
Dutch rabbits are generally comfortable in a 4' x 2' hutch

24" x 36" for smaller breeds or 30" x 36" for large breeds like French Lop or Belgian Hare. :censored:

They don't need hay, but it is better if they have some. Be careful you don't feed them too much. :evil:

They can eat guinea pig or hamster chow

Lettuce is good for them

I can't believe people think this!!! It's :censored: disgusting!

Dutch rabbits are generally comfortable in a 4' x 2' hutch

24" x 36" for smaller breeds or 30" x 36" for large breeds like French Lop or Belgian Hare. :censored:

They don't need hay, but it is better if they have some. Be careful you don't feed them too much. :evil:

They can eat guinea pig or hamster chow

Lettuce is good for them

I can't believe people think this!!! It's :censored: disgusting!

It's kind of changing though, I hope you put them straight! Sound like they haven't even researched a little bit - eeeeejits:roll:

pets at home told me that its essential that the have pellets....when i asked about hay they said its fine as long as they have pellets.....also when i was buying my rabbits i said ok should i get the injections done and he said no because its an outside rabbit and ourside rabbits dont need injections...i also got told they can eat any fruit and veg:censored:

pets at home told me that its essential that the have pellets....when i asked about hay they said its fine as long as they have pellets.....also when i was buying my rabbits i said ok should i get the injections done and he said no because its an outside rabbit and ourside rabbits dont need injections...i also got told they can eat any fruit and veg:censored:

I know, that advice is ridiculous, and if you don't come across places like here, you don't know any better!!!!! :evil:

I know, that advice is ridiculous, and if you don't come across places like here, you don't know any better!!!!! :evil:

luckly i always reserch fully before getting any animals even my goldfish lol
you would think pet shops would make their staff have a little knowledge on pets

luckly i always reserch fully before getting any animals even my goldfish lol
you would think pet shops would make their staff have a little knowledge on pets

It is disgusting! I think the majority of people research if they want a pet and they will look after it. I know of a pet shop that makes you fill in a detailed form, and if you don't have more than 3/4 of the questions right, they don't let you get the animal. Simple as.

when i went to get my rabbits there was a women in front of me and she didnt have a hutch yet....she had really young kids aswell and she was buying for them....she was like yeah i have to travel all the way to great yarmouth tomorrow to get the hutch...so the man said where are you going to keep these for now and she was like we have a large carboard box untill then and he just said ok thats fine and gave her the rabbits.

they need to give better advise to people like that i:e spaying and neutering cost and benifits...injection information...possible rabbit problems....all these things

when i went to get my rabbits there was a women in front of me and she didnt have a hutch yet....she had really young kids aswell and she was buying for them....she was like yeah i have to travel all the way to great yarmouth tomorrow to get the hutch...so the man said where are you going to keep these for now and she was like we have a large carboard box untill then and he just said ok thats fine and gave her the rabbits.

they need to give better advise to people like that i:e spaying and neutering cost and benifits...injection information...possible rabbit problems....all these things

Oh, I was also told that rabbits that lived outdoors didn't need vaccs as they couldn't catch any diseases outside!!!!!! WTF?? :censored:

Back