• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much are NIC cubes? And where's best to get them?

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I've just seen Colyflowers new set up and it looks brill! Would love to do something similar... Are those cubes expensive? And do they come in different sizes? :?

I've just seen Colyflowers new set up and it looks brill! Would love to do something similar... Are those cubes expensive? And do they come in different sizes? :?

When I was looking at them the best place I found was B & Q but you have to go into the store to order at least that's what I was told.

Have a look at B & Q online for the price. :)

B&Q do them so does wilkos (where i got mine from) also you can get them on ebay, they are mainly the same size maybe a couple of mm smaller but nothing to noticeable, i got 16 pannels for 14.99 in wilkos cheaper than B&Q but the holes are smaller so very hard to fit a water bottle on the side i have to use water bowls instead

Thats a much better deal. I'll post this on the piggy forum they'll be over the moon. Thanks Gray :D

Welcome, i dont even use NIC cubes, but ih ave that in my favourties incase i ever do and people often ask abuot them :wave:

Hi Graham just looked at that link, but those panels are plastic?! Aren't the NIC ones made of mesh with holes in? Or am I being thick?! :?

I got mine on Ebay (I don't like Amazon, have heard bad things about their security). I found that if I wanted (for example) three boxes it was better for me to pay more per box but to use a seller with cheaper postage.

Hi Graham just looked at that link, but those panels are plastic?! Aren't the NIC ones made of mesh with holes in? Or am I being thick?! :?

Hello :wave:

I did see these on Amazon but yes they are solid clear plastic and not mesh so this is why I didn't go for them, shame though as I would have preferred white.

Hello :wave:

I did see these on Amazon but yes they are solid clear plastic and not mesh so this is why I didn't go for them, shame though as I would have preferred white.

I suppose it depends what you want them for, for making an entire cage it wouldn't be too good, but for bunnyproofing a room say, it shouldn't make too much difference.
Thanks for the link Graham, I will have to show the OH this :)

It says...

Metal frame, Wipe clean body, easy assembly.

So they are probably the same as the grey ones which are metal with some sort of coating on, but white instead of grey.

It says...

Metal frame, Wipe clean body, easy assembly.

So they are probably the same as the grey ones which are metal with some sort of coating on, but white instead of grey.

It also says in the product description:

'frosted plastic panels which are reinforced with steel frames to make them rigid'

I'm confused now!

It also says in the product description:

'frosted plastic panels which are reinforced with steel frames to make them rigid'

I'm confused now!

So it does! How odd. Maybe it's mesh frames embedded in plastic? I guess those other things get mud on them easily and would then be a bit tough to clean so they've come up with that maybe.

I've had a look on Ebay and they look the same on there. I reckon they've 'upgraded' them. :?

B&Q do them so does wilkos (where i got mine from) also you can get them on ebay, they are mainly the same size maybe a couple of mm smaller but nothing to noticeable, i got 16 pannels for 14.99 in wilkos cheaper than B&Q but the holes are smaller so very hard to fit a water bottle on the side i have to use water bowls instead

Hi I have just been on the wilko site but couldn't find them do you have a link?

I did quite a bit of hunting when I was planning my cage, I looked everywhere, searched under wire cube, cube mesh, shoe rack, gabion wire panels! I used quite a few other forums and found that the places that people had listed previously such as Wilkinsons and screwfix etc had stopped selling them, Display Sense still sell them but they are more expensive, so B&Q was the only option I could find. I did consider using the white plastic ones from amazon around the bottom sides and then use the wire mesh ones around the top but realised that as I was using cable ties I wouldn't be able to attach the white ones to the wire mesh ones and also the rabbit wouldn't be able to see out properly. In America they sell all sorts of wire mesh cubes and they come in all different kinds of colours but choice is limited in the UK which is a shame.

Back