• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Telling Yourself No and Meaning It!

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I need a lesson in this!

There is a female bunny being advertised on my intranet notice board at work. She is 3 years old and not neutered or vaccinated. She is on her own and being fed muesli and is living on sawdust. Apart from this I believe she is being looked after and so is safe.

She has been on there about 6 weeks now, being offered free to a good home. I emailed the owner a long email before Christmas with what I hope was useful advice...but you never know if you are coming off condescending/patronising....

I know that we cant really have her, we have 6 bunnies which is our maximum, one or two of whom have a few health problems and I certainly dont feel confident to bond.

It doesnt stop my mind thinking about her coming here to live though :(

"IF" she could be bonded with one of our pairs, we could in theory take her (space/finances would allow) but energy-wise we are at our max and the real crunch is that my OH is about to go in to hospital and it will all be very stressful for a time.

I know I am being silly but I cant switch off from it.

Pointless thread I know but I know I am not the only one that feels like this at times....

No your not alone in feeling like that, it's the main reason I cannot and don't look at preloved/freeads etc - there's little point when I'm not able to help them and it would play on my mind (((hugs))) concentrate on the ones you have and giving them a fabulous life and don't beat yourself up, we really can't save them all xx

Thanks Vicki. I know you are right. I have to concentrate on our bunny family and make sure they have the best life possible. I know its very silly of me for even thinking about it really. Its just that she hasnt taken my advice and she is still waiting and....well it just plays on your mind doesnt it.

I dont look at Preloved or Freeads either. I am banned from PAH (including Adoption Centre) and I try not to look in RIN either!! :lol::lol::lol::oops::oops:

Thanks Vicki. I know you are right. I have to concentrate on our bunny family and make sure they have the best life possible. I know its very silly of me for even thinking about it really. Its just that she hasnt taken my advice and she is still waiting and....well it just plays on your mind doesnt it.

I dont look at Preloved or Freeads either. I am banned from PAH (including Adoption Centre) and I try not to look in RIN either!! :lol::lol::lol::oops::oops:

Yes best way Helen - it's just so upsetting and I know it will play on my mind, especially if they happen to make eye contact with me or something - then I really am a nightmare!:roll::lol:

Same here. I think its because this one is local and the chances of her going to a good home are minimal :( but possible I suppose.

Got to get off here now cos I am only on my lunch break....:oops::oops: Thanks for your advice.

Same here. I think its because this one is local and the chances of her going to a good home are minimal :( but possible I suppose.

Got to get off here now cos I am only on my lunch break....:oops::oops: Thanks for your advice.

Awww no worries, hope you had a good lunch, if you really can't forget her then maybe it's better to just rescue her but, from what you've said it's not an option really, so buy some treats for your rabbits and spoil them tonight and try and forget about her, sadly she is one of thousands in that position and as I said you can't save them all xx

Aww Helen, I know how you feel. A pair of bunnies came up on Freecycle last night in Rugby (I didnt think our Freecycle allowed it!) and I am trying to help, but you can't help wish that you could help them all personally. I want to save every bunny and give them the same life our own bunnies experience, but like Vicky said, unfortunately it's not possible!

Maybe offer to put her details up on RR??

That's a good idea. I might borrow that idea for a bunny in our town living at a school that's stressed out with the noise :roll:

The problem is there will always be more bunnies. If you could bond into your pair go for it but there is never a guarantee it would work out.

Helen you know that you don't have the time at the moment for another rabbit .

You have two already with problems a hubby who is going in to hospital next week a kitchen you want doing and your supposed to be saving for your trip.
Your job is also stressful I think you have more than enough on your plate at the moment.

You've advised and I'm sorry to say that's all you can do for now.

NOW STOP TYING YOURSELF IN KNOTS ABOUT IT

Here ends my voice of reason, see you Sunday :D

Aww Helen, I know how you feel. A pair of bunnies came up on Freecycle last night in Rugby (I didnt think our Freecycle allowed it!) and I am trying to help, but you can't help wish that you could help them all personally. I want to save every bunny and give them the same life our own bunnies experience, but like Vicky said, unfortunately it's not possible!

I spoke to this lady yesterday but she never mentioned that they had been posted on freecycle. :censored::censored::roll:

Helen you know that you don't have the time at the moment for another rabbit .

You have two already with problems a hubby who is going in to hospital next week a kitchen you want doing and your supposed to be saving for your trip.
Your job is also stressful I think you have more than enough on your plate at the moment.

You've advised and I'm sorry to say that's all you can do for now.

NOW STOP TYING YOURSELF IN KNOTS ABOUT IT

Here ends my voice of reason, see you Sunday :D

:oops::oops: I knew I would get a ticking off from you Tracy!! :lol::lol:

Well thats just about the 'snap out of it' message I think I needed!! :lol::lol:

Got to switch off the bunny-addict button I think!!! :oops::oops: Its just the thought of them having a better life somewhere else, and feeling sad that they are unwanted and that their current owners dont appreciate them like they should.

I expect rescues feel like this all the time :(

I know its a really silly thing to be thinking about, given all the things we have going on :oops:

Back