• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny eating leather

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
Hi anyone had this problem??

Do you know how to stop it and how to repair the damage?

I am going to be in BIG trouble if my husband sees it He isn't happy with them living indoors anyway. :(

:wave:

B&G both eat our leather sofa. It's irresistible.

Not really much yuo can do about it, except protect against the bunny teef by blocking off the sofa if you can, perhaps with NIC grids etc?

:wave:

B&G both eat our leather sofa. It's irresistible.

Not really much yuo can do about it, except protect against the bunny teef by blocking off the sofa if you can, perhaps with NIC grids etc?

I used to block an area off for them with puppy panels but they used to get angry with them and managed to rattle them and lift them up to go underneath. So I gave up.

They have eaten most of our wires so I do use puppy panels around the TV but because it is a small area I have managed to make it so tight that they can't rattle them.

The problem with blocking off the sofas is we walk between them to move around the room so I don't think I could do it.

I used to block an area off for them with puppy panels but they used to get angry with them and managed to rattle them and lift them up to go underneath. So I gave up.

They have eaten most of our wires so I do use puppy panels around the TV but because it is a small area I have managed to make it so tight that they can't rattle them.

The problem with blocking off the sofas is we walk between them to move around the room so I don't think I could do it.

I asked a question the other day about how to bunny proof an area. I posted up pictures which helped people see what i meant. Could you do the same? We could then see the area and make recommendations upon it? :)

Will try, I have just got out bits of my garden run at the mo and made a tempory area for them because they have just made another hole while I was in the kitchen. :(

Mischa tends to ignore the leather and just eat the zip :roll: which usually renders the bag un-do-up-able and I hate not being able to do my bag up. Feels unsecure.

Yes Joe and Jess ate the tops of my brand new leather ankle boots last winter, (when they used to live indoors) which are now my "doing the rabbits out" boots so they're caked in mud :( They'll eat anything will rabbits - leather, walls, skirting boards, carpets.....i wouldn't mind but i buy them decent grub too :roll:

Dexie ate all the way through my UGG boots (yerp, REAL UGG boots... the £170 pair!) so there was no way I could wear them...
Sheep skin... I just don't get it!

Strange buns...

Dexie ate all the way through my UGG boots (yerp, REAL UGG boots... the £170 pair!) so there was no way I could wear them...
Sheep skin... I just don't get it!

Strange buns...

I've been paranoid about my new UGGs getting eaten, I always put them safely away! :lol::lol::lol:

Well I have just coloured in the under leather part of the rip so it matched and tried super gluing the bite but it doesn't meet together properly so hubby is bound to see it :( wish me luck!

Darling buns now have a restricted area and I feel mean poor little things. But they did bring it on themselves I suppose.

Doodee has chomped through two leather sofas, a police officers utility belt -got to her before she started on the mace spray cannister she was drawn to- and no shoe or leather handbag can be left any where she can get.

I have tried heavy wiring in, telling her se is meant to be a herbivore, any number of toys, boxes and hay but she is still there craving another go at that yummy leather.

Back