• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit gutted

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Just rang up to get an acupuncture appointment for Wesley to find the vet leaves on Friday :shock::shock:

She never mentioned anything to us. She is also the vet that does all our PM's so thats a double disappointment.

They have no vet to replace her yet, the ad is still out. there will be a locum for now but no acupuncture vet for a while :(

Oh no that's a shame. Chances are her replacement might not even offer acupuncture either. :( How long does he go between sessions?

Can she squeeze you and Wesley in for one last lot of acupuncture before she goes? At least that might buy you a little time to find somewhere else that does it.

She is moving to a practice that is still reachable so once she is there we may be able to arrange something for wesley, but it will be more stressful for him.

Our practice is looking for an acupuncture replacement as they obviously have lots of acupuncture clients, even if they don't work there as a full time vet, but it is going to take a bit of time :(

It's good that the replacement will still be doing acupuncture but I guess that makes the position a little harder to fill too. :(

Such a shame though as I know how much the acupuncture has been helping dear little Wesley. :(

Oh no!! Fingers crossed they will get a replacement soon :wave:

Any change of piccies of he gorgeous lad in question ;)

Oh dear, this is a bit of a blow indeed - we will just have to hope a suitable replacement is found sooner than later and you don't have to taken Wesley on a longer than ideal trip for any future sessions.

I know its a bit of a distance but in an emergency I have an accupuncture vet here (Cambridge)

Thanks, but I think the milton Keynes hospital has one. It was just so handy being able to take him round the corner, drop him off and pick him up an hour later. Everyone there knows him and Wesley wasn't at all stressed. Once we have to use the car it will make it a much less pleasent experience for him :(

Back