• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering operation

Awesome news. :)
Vets aren't always good at giving out pre and post op information so make sure he eats before he goes in and take some food and hay with him to the vets. When he comes back he'll need to be kept warm (preferably inside) for 24 hours. Watch him careful to make sure he's eating and pooing after the op. And make sure they give you some painkillers to take home with him for a couple for days after. Usually it's metacam or loxicom or something similar.

Good luck. :wave:

Awesome news. :)
Vets aren't always good at giving out pre and post op information so make sure he eats before he goes in and take some food and hay with him to the vets. When he comes back he'll need to be kept warm (preferably inside) for 24 hours. Watch him careful to make sure he's eating and pooing after the op. And make sure they give you some painkillers to take home with him for a couple for days after. Usually it's metacam or loxicom or something similar.

Good luck. :wave:

Great Post :thumb:

They told me not to let him eat anything :( x

If thats the case, i would seriously consider NOT letting this vet neuter your bunny.

A rabbit MUST eat constantly up until they are put under GA as their gut must be constantly working.

They told me not to let him eat anything :( x

Then I would change your vets immediately if it was the vet and not just the vet reception staff that told you that. That could kill your rabbit - not letting him eat anything.

The might not know anything about rabbit treatment.

our vets have told me when our rabbits get neutered to make sure they have something to eat before they go in x

Then I would change your vets immediately if it was the vet and not just the vet reception staff that told you that. That could kill your rabbit - not letting him eat anything.

The might not know anything about rabbit treatment.

It was just the receptioniest. x

that they told me not to let hiim eat anything? LOl or the general operation?

Edited my post.

Its great news that you are getting him neutered.

Bad news that the vet provided that info though, worries me slightly, my babies would not be going anywhere near a mis informed vet.

Shall I just feed him anyway? xx

Did you not read what people have said?

Do you feel comfortable letting a vet surgery 'look after' your bunny and perform an operation if they've recommended the opposite of what a rabbit NEEDS ? :)

Did you not read what people have said?

Do you feel comfortable letting a vet surgery 'look after' your bunny and perform an operation if they've recommended the opposite of what a rabbit NEEDS ? :)

no but I don't know any other vets and everyone has made it clear how important this operation is....so i'm kinda torn...if someone could suggest a better vet I would be glad to take it :) x

no but I don't know any other vets and everyone has made it clear how important this operation is....so i'm kinda torn...if someone could suggest a better vet I would be glad to take it :) x

I've just put a thread up for you in rabbit chat askign about a rabbit savvy vet :wave:

thank you so much :D I'll phone up and cancel these guys:D xx

cancelled.

she said it was for teh benefit of the anisthetic? >x

Last edited:
Back