• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best dog Crates & Puppy Pens

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Can you post me links on where to buy- i.e if it's off ebay or amazon or somewhere else. I want something good value for money and easily delivered and as big as possible. Only 3ft high pens considered as it's for jumping bunnys and ideas on best dog crates :) I currently have a large pets at home one , but I'm sure there are better ones i can get.

My plan is to do out my office as a full bunny room too :) I will get the measurements and it would be nice to have some suggestions on what i can do best to make use of the space to accommodate most buns without comprising space.

P.s Thanks Hanlou for your suggestion- I'll be getting one of these.

Dog Crates are great, especially when they have levels in. Ebay is the best place for your money. Go for the black ones, they have special coating which stops rusting. x

From what I've seen get a pine plank of wood and screw bolts in from the outside, or have long cubic strips of wood bolted in as a frame then nail the plank of pine on top? :S

We did our level by getting battens of wood that were thin enough to go through between the bars and putting a screw each side so it didn't slip out, then resting the shelf on top.

From what I've seen get a pine plank of wood and screw bolts in from the outside, or have long cubic strips of wood bolted in as a frame then nail the plank of pine on top? :S

Not Pine - Pine is badddddd for bunnies :wave: But then saying that, i've been told MDF is too, but *shrug*

This is how i did my dog crate:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=259316&highlight=dog+crate

It's just a sheet of MDF cut by B&Q and the ramp was cut and measured from floor to top by tape measure. Cut the hole out the top myself with a saw. The batons across are CFS which is so damn cheap its untrue!

Cut off cuts into 'steps' on the stairs and layered it with carpet squares cut with a knife. :wave:

i have a 48" dog crate (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/All-Sizes-Dog...UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item641ebe981b same as this, but from different buyer).

Hope that helps :wave:

Back