• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what brushes are best for grooming very fluffy bunny

Hi,
Im due to adopt 2 new bunnies soon and im on the search for all thats needed, the one gorgeous bunny is a rather fluffy lionhead, i just wondered what type of brushs or combs where best. I have seen a set at tesco which is for dogs, it has a soft brush a metal comb and one of those rubber hand ones, i dont know if this would be ok?;)

I find combs best. Brushes just don't penetrate the top level of fur I find. I do have one brush that I use if they just need a quick tidy but for a proper groom I use a comb. I have a double one and tend to use the wider side mostly and then go through briefly with the thinner side.

I'd do it in stages so soft brush and then comb then soft brush again and very gently so as not to tear or pull hair from the root.:wave:

Even though my two aren't long haired, I use a baby comb on them, as the ends aren't sharp, and it's bendy enough not to pull hard if it gets caught up. :wave:

Back