• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog kennel and run.

purple_x

Warren Scout
I have been talking to my brothers today as my housebunnies are going to be going outside in the summer and I want to get started on something lovely for them to live in.
My brothers are going to sort the base out (concrete/slabs or whatever it is they will do!) and will help put together any dog kennel that I buy, yay!

So can anyone tell me where to get the best dog kennel and run from please.
I dont mind what the price is, although I guess under £500 would be good. I would like the kennel/run to be pretty big, the bigger the better really. Also high enough for me to get into, so 5ft or 6ft high.
I cant look on ebay because I've had tons of problems getting things from there and don't want to do that anymore!

Also if anyone has any pics of their kennel and run could you please post them for me to see.

Thank you.

There's loads in the housing section if you search you can have a browse through, might be worth googling it for your local area and then go and deal directly with them if you've had a bad experience with ebay. A lot of aviaries are good aswell with a good hutch inside, that would be your other option, or if you have space attach an aviary to a small shed for the same budget you've mentioned.:wave:

This is where I got mine from:
http://www.meritgardenproducts.co.uk/pet_housing/the_aviary I've got the 12x4 version and it's 6ft high so no bumping your head (some of the kennels I looked at were at just the right height to give you backache from stooping over :lol:)

It's actually cheaper now than when I bought it 18 mths ago. :shock: They do free delivery and installation to certain areas too.

This is what it looked like just after we got it (I wish it still looked that pristine now :oops::lol:)

DSCF7762700x525.jpg

DSCF7764700x525-1.jpg

Oh wow that's lovely. Price is good too.

Just a question though, how big would it need to be to house 4 bunnies?

I know I only have 2 right now but will possibly getting another pair in the future to bond with my 2 and just want enough space.

Just a question though, how big would it need to be to house 4 bunnies?

I'm not sure of size, but I wouldn't want to put 4 buns in mine - it's spacious for 2 and I was planning on adding a third (but it didn't work out); I think 4 might be a little too cramped though.

Back